Keyless Entry with Remote Start

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
So my 2013 JSW came with KESSY but it lacks the remote start option. So, before I try and re-invent the wheel, has anyone attempted to add this option to their KESSY equipped vehicle?

Thus far I have verified that the KESSY Computer 5K0959434B is used across the Jetta/EOS/GOLF/PASSAT/TIGUAN platform, of which the PASSAT/JETTA/TIGUAN has the remote start as an option.

Could it be as easy as a coding issue on the KESSY Module and the pairing of a 4-button remote? Could VWOA as a cost-savings issue, provided only the 3-button remote on the JSW???

I acquired a new 4-button remote from a vendor on eBay so we'll see how it goes.

NOTE TO TROLLS: The words "can't be done" do not exist in my vocabulary. Only thing I can't do is give birth....

Last edited:

Onefast66nova

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 golf
I install remote starts and keyless all the time. Yes I can be done but these cars so not heat up we'll at idle. You will be much better off installing a frostheater. I had this decision last year to make and could not be happier. As far as the kessy system being able to control it I can not speak to. I know adding a aftermarket system requires a bypass module and also a working ignition key in the vehicle to physically tie into the aftermarket remote start bypass. I know I didn't really answer your question but hope it helped. Lol

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
The Factory 4-button key arrived today. Going to give my dealer contact a call and have him "Marry" the key to the car. I'll keep y'all posted....

twilsey

TDI
'10 JSW - Blue Graphite
Since we know these cars won't heat up t an idle, what is your purpose for the remote start?

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
To be able to start a vehicle 1-2 Minutes before driving away can make a very big difference in longevity as the internals of the engine will have an opportunity to start to come up to temperature and the oil flowing well before placing a load on the engine. And, while the engine doesn't come up to temp, if you prepare ahead of time you can have the defrosters ready to go on startup....

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Just an FYI... when you unlock the car to get in after a KESSY remote start the engine turns off, and you have to hit the start button again to drive off.

I agree that the short warmup before driving off would help things out though :)

-J

adz55

TDI
2011 TDI Speedwagen
I'd be interested in this feature more for running the A/C in the summer before I get into the car. It can be over 150F inside a car in the summer where I live.

BigDaadio

TDI
13 jetta
Since we know these cars won't heat up t an idle, what is your purpose for the remote start?
I just purchased a 13 jetta (my 1st tdi) it was 18 f here the other day. I let her warm
For 10 minutes and I was blowing heat out the defroster. Is this not normal?
I don't want the remote start so much for warming the car ,
As I do the engine in these cold Adirondack winters.
There are a couple Canadien companies selling bypass interfaces.
Please keep us posted.
BD

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
@BigDaadio... That is my reasoning. I would love to be able to start the car and let it run for about 5-10 minutes in the morning to get all the juices flowing before I put a load on it. I working at it....

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Still working on this... Trying to get through the OEM LED HID issue with KESSY and the BCM. The things you must go through to be a trailblazer....
So they moved a bunch of things around on the BCM on your car too? I for the life of me can't figure out the logic behind behind it. For example, I'll have to move power for the trunk light and map lights to another pin because that output is for the left inner tail lamp on cars with HIDs :confused:

-J

EvilEvo

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4dr W/Tech Package
Do you have a 5K0 BCM? My 2012 Golf TDI has a 1K0 BCM. Trying to figure this out with my buddy that is the parts guy at my local VW dealer.

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
My BCM is a 5K0. But KESSY is controlled via a separate module. although, the BCM must be a KESSY compatible one.

EvilEvo

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4dr W/Tech Package
My BCM is a 5K0. But KESSY is controlled via a separate module. although, the BCM must be a KESSY compatible one.
My car is tech package. I have KESSY. Not sure why my BCM is an older 1K0.

Have you gotten anywhere with trying to make this work?

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
So far every golf and GTI that I have scanned have the 1K0 BCM. My JSW has a 5K0. I do know that if you put the 1K0 in a JSW your rear defroster won't work. There is something different with the wiring pinouts between the two modules.