Santa Cruz GTG (TB's, Nozzles,Chips...) May 3rd, 2008

Fahrfrumfuelin

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 96 green
Not to hijack the thread, but just wanted to help firm up plans for folks to come to sunny Santa Cruz for an awesome GTG.

When: Saturday May 3rd, 2008
Where: Pacific Biofuels (Corner of Ocean St. X Soquel Ave)

Sign up and state your wishes. Perhaps a group buy can ensue if there is enough interest in a particular area.

Kerma and BleachBora have both said this date works. Buckweat and OldPoopie have expressed interest. This is our opportunity to have a great GTG in a beautiful spot and get Timing Belts, Nozzles, Chip Tuning and maybe more done, just in time for summer. If you just want to come and wrench on your car, thats great and we always do a great potluck, but if you need the above items done by a guru, please step up and support this GTG. :D

1. Regina (regkat)- re-tune after turbo upgrade/Timing Belt
2. Turbo D - PP520 nozzle install and vagcom adjust.
3. Estresco -PP520 nozzle install & tune
4. Cruzntdi - R520 nozzle install & re tune
5. Flashmayo - TB, possible PP520 as well.

Last edited:

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Sounds good to me!
As always, let me know what I need to bring other than myself :).
Glad I'll have Reg there to pack me up when we're done! :p
-BB

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Lets get this going folks. I'd need 3 belts for saturday. Also, if we could do a location for sunday, even a garage, I'd be able to do 3 more. This will take real commitments to make happen. NO WISHYWASHYNESS

cruznwrx

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI Auto 174k B100 Mods: TT exhaust 2 1/2", PP520 / 17/22 / Tuning by KERMA , DG Race pipe, Cat 2 FF, DG Oil Bypass, Pillar Pod Autometer Boost, EGT, Recaro seats
My garage is available for Sunday - West Side Santa Cruz near Natural Bridges State Beach.

John

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Cool. Cruznwrx, did you need a t-belt too? or were you just offering for the extended gtg day?

mtnwater

I'm in if I can get the following done on an 02 NB:

TB
skidplate install
intake cleaning
nozzles/tuning (possible)

I'm flexible and can do 5/3 or 5/4.

GotB100

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 335d, Alpine White
I'm in!

How could I NOT attend? This is as local as a GTG is likely to get for me! Don't need a TB change yet, nor nozzles or chip tune. But I'll think of something..........even if it's just to bring my VAG-COM and hang out.......... lift pump?.....boost valve?.......other BleachedBora goodies?

TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, White
Fahrfrumfuelin said:
Not to hijack the thread, but just wanted to help firm up plans for folks to come to sunny Santa Cruz for an awesome GTG.

When: Saturday May 3rd, 2008
Where: Pacific Biofuels (Corner of Ocean St. X Soquel Ave)

Sign up and state your wishes. Perhaps a group buy can ensue if there is enough interest in a particular area.

Kerma and BleachBora have both said this date works. Buckweat and OldPoopie have expressed interest. This is our opportunity to have a great GTG in a beautiful spot and get Timing Belts, Nozzles, Chip Tuning and maybe more done, just in time for summer. If you just want to come and wrench on your car, thats great and we always do a great potluck, but if you need the above items done by a guru, please step up and support this GTG. :D

1. Regina (regkat)- re-tune after turbo upgrade/Timing Belt
2. Turbo D - PP520 nozzle install and vagcom adjust.
3. Estresco -PP520 nozzle install & tune
4. Cruzntdi - R520 nozzle install & re tune
5. Flashmayo - TB, possible PP520 as well.
6. Frugal Traveler - TB for 2003
Frugal_Traveler - TB for 2003

Fahrfrumfuelin

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 96 green
mtnwater said:

TB
skidplate install
intake cleaning

I would say that the intake cleaning may be a DIY job. It may also not be needed. Are you having power loss issues?

The skidplate would be nice to do if there were a lift in the bay, but Pac BioFuels doesn't. But then again, I haven't installed one. Anyone want to chime in on if this can be done on rhino ramps?

So, if you are good with the TB, nozzles & a tune are you still in?

Fahrfrumfuelin

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 96 green
GotB100 said:
How could I NOT attend? This is as local as a GTG is likely to get for me! Don't need a TB change yet, nor nozzles or chip tune. But I'll think of something..........even if it's just to bring my VAG-COM and hang out.......... lift pump?.....boost valve?.......other BleachedBora goodies?
I was wondering when you'd notice we were getting a "Surftown GTG" happening! It'll be good to see you there! :D

Matt

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Ok, I'm making a list of those interested in timing belts. I can typically do 4 in a day. I reccomend bleachedbora's kits.
I'd like to limit work to timing belts only, since switching from one type of job to another is a time killer.

Here is a list of those who've commited to a spot on Saturday.

1. Regina (regkat) 03 jetta wagon
2. DrivingInMyCar 03 golf

Here is a list of those interested in a day on Saturday or Sunday. I still need a committed host for Sunday.

1. Flashmayo
2. Cruznwrx (possible host for Sunday)
3. Ben Truong
4. mtnwater
5. Frugal_Traveler

Please, since I'd be traveling from Portland Oregon, I need to know the level of interest or commitment of all those interested.

-Justin

Last edited:

regkat

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 golf
lets get organized.

Folks, Old Poopie is really working to get us organized here. Now that we have a Guru this GTG is a Go provided we get 3 (max 4) names on the list for both Sat and Sun. To help us do that, please do the following if you want a Timing Belt done on either Sat, May 3 or Sun, May 4:

1) copy the Sat list and add your name to it in your post OR
2) start a new Sun list and add your name to it in your post.
3) view your name on this list as a COMMITTMENT so Justin can justify the trip.
4) order your complete timing belt kit (BB kits recommended)

Please do NOT just send a post with "I'm in". Too hard to keep track of.

It's great to see this shaping up!! Also I would like to recommend we have the belts done in the order they appear on the list. That means first to commit is first to repair. You can see this is slanted in my favor but then again, I'm local and apt to be on time. :D In fact I will come early (along with Matt??) and help get set up.

Last edited:

Tbirdtree

Veteran Member
TDI
none at the moment
I don't need any work done, but wouldn't mind comming by and saying hello. I've got some injector tools and vag-com and can help out if needed. I enjoy meeting fellow TDI folk, shooting the breeze and what not.
Tom

cruznwrx

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI Auto 174k B100 Mods: TT exhaust 2 1/2", PP520 / 17/22 / Tuning by KERMA , DG Race pipe, Cat 2 FF, DG Oil Bypass, Pillar Pod Autometer Boost, EGT, Recaro seats
Committed Host for Sunday

That would be me. :D

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Saturday T-BELT LIST CONFIRMED at Pacific Biofuels

Sunday T-BELT LIST CONFIRMED at CRUZNWRX's
1. Cruznwrx (HOST)

Here is a list of those interested in a day on Saturday or Sunday

1. Flashmayo
2. Ben Truong
3. mtnwater
4. Frugal_Traveler

Please, since I'd be traveling from Portland Oregon, I need to know the level of interest or commitment of all those interested.

If your ready to commit, please move your name to one of the available spots on Saturday or Sunday.

Fahrfrumfuelin

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 96 green
regkat said:
I'm local and apt to be on time. :D In fact I will come early (along with Matt??) and help get set up.
I'll be there early too :eek:
Gotta get the Q fired up, chill the beverages, and make sure everyone has a great time!

Matt

tdi_hopefull

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI, Biodiesel
so is there going to be any tuning? did marcel or any kerma folk confirm? if so, i'll drive south to my college town for sure. i miss riding to the beach after class (i had a motorcycle then, not a tdi). an excuse for an excuse... what could be better... how about a tdi cruise up the 1 to a local beach after wrenching.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
tdi_hopefull said:
so is there going to be any tuning? did marcel or any kerma folk confirm? if so, i'll drive south to my college town for sure. i miss riding to the beach after class (i had a motorcycle then, not a tdi). an excuse for an excuse... what could be better... how about a tdi cruise up the 1 to a local beach after wrenching.
Yup, I'll be there with the TB kits and the usual goodies--although perhaps not as many goodies as usual as most of you just stocked up in San Jose :)

johnnyangel

TDI
1998 Beetle, Red
Adding my name to the Saturday list ...

Here is a list of those who've commited to a spot on Saturday.

3. Johnnyangel -- 98 NB

I'd like to get on the TB list for Saturday at Pacific Biofuels. Car is a 98 NB with 75K!

Cheers,
Jon

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI

3. Johnnyangel 98 NB
4. Time allowing

1. Cruznwrx (HOST)
2. Mtnwater 02 NB already has t-belt kit.
4. Time allowing

1. Flashmayo
2. Ben Truong
3. Frugal_Traveler

If your ready to commit, please move your name to one of the available spots on Saturday or Sunday.

Please copy and paste this entire post when adding your name.

Last edited:

Yeah Yeah

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 slvr TDi(R.I.P)
I'll try and come by one of the two days to JUST hangout..... thats if I'm not elbow deep into my '56 both days....

SalamanderB

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Vagcom Help?

I met Matt "Fahrfrumfuelin" at Pacific Biofuels yesterday while filling up. He invited me to the May 3rd event. I am excited to joint you. I have used the forum for years with outstanding results. I am having minor sort-cold start issues and I theorize that it could be the injection timing. My 03 Jetta with 75k had the timing belt replaced 10k ago and I am not confident the mechanic checking the ignition timing. Would anyone be willing to check the timing with their Vagcom? A number of folks mentioned they would bring one and would be willing to help out... But always nice to ask! I would appreciate it

Fahrfrumfuelin

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 96 green
SalamanderB said:
I met Matt "Fahrfrumfuelin" at Pacific Biofuels yesterday while filling up. He invited me to the May 3rd event. I am excited to joint you. I have used the forum for years with outstanding results. I am having minor sort-cold start issues and I theorize that it could be the injection timing. My 03 Jetta with 75k had the timing belt replaced 10k ago and I am not confident the mechanic checking the ignition timing. Would anyone be willing to check the timing with their Vagcom? A number of folks mentioned they would bring one and would be willing to help out... But always nice to ask! I would appreciate it
I had my laptop & vag with me as we were chatting! PM me & I will see if I can help you out. No need to wait till May.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI

3. Johnnyangel 98 NB
4. Frugal_Traveler 03 Time allowing

1. Cruznwrx (HOST)
2. Mtnwater 02 NB already has t-belt kit.
4. Time allowing

1. Flashmayo
2. Ben Truong
3. Frugal_Traveler

Please copy and paste this entire post when adding your name.

GotB100

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 335d, Alpine White
I'm so there

If Matt's too busy with his BBQ duties on Saturday, I can help out with VAG-COM tuning chores like timing checks, IQ setting, injector balance check etc. Also I've got a few bulky parts cluttering up my garage that I'd like to move such as a brand new set of '04 Gti coil springs, 5 OEM 15 inch steel wheels, tires (3K on them) and 2003 hub caps (four plus spare) and a new OEM 16 rim with a part-worn tire that is my current spare. If you think you could be interested I'll bring 'em, and if you make me a crazy offer then I won't have to haul 'em back home.
[Gotta love the fact that B99 is now cheaper than D2 around here!]

Fahrfrumfuelin

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 96 green
Never too busy...

Actually Michael, I was thinking that I would replace some leaking IP seals (top,middle, & head seals) on my B4 at the GTG. Maybe someone who has yet to experience the leaking IP bummer can learn & save BIG $$ when it happens to them.:eek:

It does look like we will have a Gator Pro there to provide chips & tunes to those who are jealous watching all of our diesels laying rubber about town :cool: Just post what you want in the sign-up list.

TDI
GLS Golf, 2003, silver
switch days with me?

mtnwater said:

TB
skidplate install
intake cleaning

Mtn, would you be willing to switch days with me? I checked with Oldpoopie and it's ok with him. He would need you there at 10am on Saturday. I would take your place at 10am on Sunday. What do you think? Thanks, Tim