1999.5 Jetta Stalling, no start - 18008 Power Supply Terminal 15: Voltage too Low

k_harley

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
So I have this 99.5 Jetta that ocasionally stalls without warning, just boom, its off. Ive only seen it happen while idling. Once it stalls, will not start unless I put power directly to the n109 fuel shutoff valve.

The only code that could be relevant to the stalling that is present is this-

18008 Power Supply Terminal 15: Voltage too Low

I looked through the bentley and found that Terminal 15 is "Swithced Positive Voltage B+ from ignition / starter switch"

Im definitly leaning towards replacing the ign swtich, but thought Id consult with the community first. ;-)

Already tried a new 109 and made no change.

Also, dont know if this is realated, but the radio keeps going on and off on its own.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
I'd start with a thorough cleaning of the grounds. Ignition switch is possible, but rooting around getting to the grounds might also allow you to find something else not quite connected.

Sure the 109 is good? The gp light comes on as expected?

MethylEster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5. Red, 5 Spd
K_Harley,

I have a 99.5 as well and just replaced my battery with an OEM. While the old battery was out I loosened and cleaned all the grounds thoroughly. Couldn't believe how bad these connections were. But I guess 9 years of Minnesota winters and all the salt on the roads I should have expected it.

There has been a noticeable increase in how fast the starter turns the motor over.