TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2012 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   TDIFest 2012, Where will it be? (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=301431)

Lug_Nut December 2nd, 2010 17:31

TDIFest 2012, Where will it be?

All the hand wringing about a fest...

Oh! What will I do with my life if there is no fest next year?!?!?!

quickly followed by
Why does it have to be there?!?! It's too far away!! There are better places than that!!!

So start thinking about where YOU want one to be, what YOU'd like to have happen, and YOU start talking with others to see if YOU as a group want to consider making a bid to host.

You have a bit over 18 months to plan for a 2012 event. or 2013.
It'd be nice to know, at this year's event, that there are competing proposals for next year's.

thebigarniedog December 2nd, 2010 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lug_Nut (Post 3203294)

quickly followed by
Why does it have to be there?!?! It's too far away!! There are better places than that!!!

So start thinking about where YOU want one to be, what YOU'd like to have happen, and YOU start talking with others to see if YOU as a group want to consider making a bid to host.

It'd be nice to know, at this year's event, that there are competing proposals for next year's.

Kill-joy :rolleyes: ...... You engineers really have to take all the fun out of things, especially one of America's/Canada's favorite past-times -------- complaining :D .

6Gears January 17th, 2011 10:47

How about Pittsburgh PA?

Nash_TDI January 17th, 2011 13:14

I say Lexington again or Louisville. Because it is going to be amazing this year!

compu_85 January 17th, 2011 17:46

*** does that TLA mean T366?

-J

VeeDubTDI January 17th, 2011 17:46

Scouting out some possibilities right now... Ypsilanti, MI would be awesome.

Zippy_car January 31st, 2011 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lug_Nut (Post 3203294)

quickly followed by

*standing ovation*
Well said, Jon! no one's going to plan it for you. If you want it, you have to make it happen. Let's have this be a huge announcement at this years banquet... "and the winner of the 2012 TDIFest location goes to....." :D:eek:

VeeDubTDI February 1st, 2011 10:02

An announcement at Fest would be fantastic! :cool:

vwdzi March 31st, 2011 11:09

How about somewhere on the east coast? I would be down to travel anywhere on the east coast, i really wanna go to a TDI fest but everything has been soo distant

Zippy_car April 1st, 2011 14:57

there have been many fests on the east coast over the years.

*bump* for a 2012 candidate!

VeeDubTDI April 1st, 2011 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 3351175)
And who's fault is that?;) You a I both know the answer to that question...... and if it wasn't for you last year it would have been in Chicago!!

What?

Lug_Nut April 2nd, 2011 20:21

Poor Tomo... He can delete his own posts, but he can't delete someone elses post where he's been quoted...

kpenner April 23rd, 2011 20:20

How about somewhere in the "middle" of the USA?

VeeDubTDI April 24th, 2011 11:34

What is the "middle?"

Texas? Wisconsin? Nebraska? Indiana?

Middle of the land mass or middle of the population?

Are you volunteering? :)

Hamsterdiesel April 25th, 2011 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lug_Nut

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy_car (Post 3274806)
*standing ovation*
Well said, Jon! no one's going to plan it for you. If you want it, you have to make it happen. Let's have this be a huge announcement at this years banquet... "and the winner of the 2012 TDIFest location goes to....." :D:eek:

I second that! Attend this year's Fest with an eye towards how it's done and how YOU could do it BACK HOME...then you'll be able to bring it to wherever you want!