VWA wants to test my emission corrected JSW

RNDDUDE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
About 2 weeks after I had my 2011 JSW TDI emission fix done, I got a call from a VW representative in Michigan asking if I would be willing to allow my car to be used for a California emission fix verification. Apparently I was randomly selected to participate. I will have to give up my car for road and dynamometer testing for about 1 month, and they will provide me with a loaner vehicle (Taureg or Audi Allroad). Plus I will be getting some cash for my troubles. Testing will be done at the VW faculity in Oxnard Ca.

So as I look back, I have received the initial $500 CC/$500 service credit VW payment, then the keep it/fix it payment of about $5800, plus the not-yet-received- Bosch payment, plus this latest testing payment, plus a new catalytic converter and an extended warranty.

This car is the gift that keeps on giving....:)

marmur99

TDI
2014 Beetle DSG Sun+Sound+Nav; 2015 Touareg Lux
Be careful, it will be very easy to get used to either Touareg or Allroad :)

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
If you can get some info on how to get on that call list I'm sure some of us would appreciate it! ��

GIDDY_UP_GO

Veteran Member
TDI
10 Jetta 13 Beetle Convertible 15 GSW
I would definitely do this! Go with the Allroad if possible, they are an amazing car!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I would definitely do this! Go with the Allroad if possible, they are an amazing car!

Except for how thirsty they are, but fuel is cheap these days, see if you can get single digit tanks!

RNDDUDE

Veteran Member
TDI
They say they will have it about a month, I got a 2017 Taureg Wolfsburg edition with manufacturer plates as the loaner. My wife has basically claimed it as her car to drive. Lots of neat stuff, backup camera, etc., but the high SUV seating position feels weird to me. I was randomly selected, only one of 6 in California for the 2.0 testing, they likely will be doing the same for the 3.0 when a fix is approved.

toneman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Nice ride. I was assuming you were selected in part because you're not that far from Oxnard.

TDI
Golf
The gift that keeps on giving indeed... I for one have 0 hate for VW in its handling of this mess since headlines broke

Remember to get fairly compensated for the additional miles they will be incurring

RNDDUDE

Veteran Member
TDI
The gift that keeps on giving indeed... I for one have 0 hate for VW in its handling of this mess since headlines broke

Remember to get fairly compensated for the additional miles they will be incurring
They say only about 150 miles on the dynamometer. Plus $$$ in my pocket. Plus I get a brand new Taureg to drive for a month, and I can bring it back with an empty tank. Plus my JSW will be washed and have a full tank when I pick it up. Plus if it fails to meet the Cal standards, they will have to correct it until it does.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
They say only about 150 miles on the dynamometer. Plus $$$ in my pocket. Plus I get a brand new Taureg to drive for a month, and I can bring it back with an empty tank. Plus my JSW will be washed and have a full tank when I pick it up. Plus if it fails to meet the Cal standards, they will have to correct it until it does.
150 miles on dyometer?? equivalent to a few thousand maybe... That's alot of stressful miles...dynometers push car engines near their limit..if there is a weak link in an engine it WILL show up..If I did a 150 miles on my '70 GTO I would probably need to rebuild it;)..But this IS a diesel..so kinda a different beast:D..seen and know of quite a few that blew the engines doing a dyno run..just saying:rolleyes:

Last edited:

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
They say they will have it about a month, I got a 2017 Taureg Wolfsburg edition with manufacturer plates as the loaner. My wife has basically claimed it as her car to drive. Lots of neat stuff, backup camera, etc., but the high SUV seating position feels weird to me. I was randomly selected, only one of 6 in California for the 2.0 testing, they likely will be doing the same for the 3.0 when a fix is approved.
Whut?

RNDDUDE

Veteran Member
TDI
150 miles on dyometer?? equivalent to a few thousand maybe... That's alot of stressful miles...dynometers push car engines near their limit..if there is a weak link in an engine it WILL show up..If I did a 150 miles on my '70 GTO I would probably need to rebuild it;)..But this IS a diesel..so kinda a different beast:D..seen and know of quite a few that blew the engines doing a dyno run..just saying:rolleyes:
Miles on a Dyno don't necessarily equate to more stress than road miles, it depends on what the technicians are having the car do during the test. This is not like the usual Dyno test where you are running the engine to max revs and loads to measure maximum horsepower, but rather running it thru a number of speed & load scenarios while hooked up to diagnostics tools to measure the impact on emissions. Totally different situation.

rperks

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf green(sold) 2015 GSW BLK
Did the OP end up doing the testing deal? I just got my letter in the mail for my '15 GSW this and am considering it, but trying to find out more info on the deal.

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
He did, but hasn't reported yet on the state of his car when he got it back.