TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2015 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   TDIFest 2015 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=437527)

MonsterTDI09 July 8th, 2015 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBees (Post 4837850)
Sorry to report, but we've had to change plans. So, unfortunately, we will not be attending the 2015 TDI Fest.

As can be seen in the quotes above, we do have reservations at the Rostay Inn which is located about 4.9 miles from the event location.

So, later this week, I'll be cancelling the motel reservations.

That's a bummer you will be missed :(

1854sailor July 8th, 2015 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 4839784)
I am probably not going either .....:(

What??:(

ATR July 8th, 2015 22:44

Friend/co-worker has a wedding the same weekend of the tdi fest... Soooooooo... Looks like I too might not be able to make it :(

I'll more than likely be at water fest however :D

IndigoBlueWagon July 9th, 2015 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 4839784)
I am probably not going either .....:(

You always say this. Then you show up. :D

BeetleGo July 9th, 2015 14:11

Tom, you know you want to! :D

tomo366 July 9th, 2015 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon (Post 4840110)
You always say this. Then you show up. :D

I was waiting for someone to say this.......Usually Jon Bartlett ...you will see or not.....;)

AndyBees July 9th, 2015 19:14

Well, we're helping finish off a house re-modeling job for our son and his family. Our goal is to have them moved in by Labor Day weekend. I have to choose between preparing for the TDI Fest or helping family. If the weather had been a little more cooperative back in late winter and early spring (and most recently), I think we could have made it.

I was really looking forward to New England again as well as another attempt to tour parts of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia after the Fest.

The wife is saying we should reward ourselves with a road trip out west in October.

BeetleGo July 10th, 2015 04:37

I'm going up to Prince Edward Island after the fest. Yep, Sunday River is a great way to start a road trip!

IndigoBlueWagon July 10th, 2015 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeetleGo (Post 4840650)
I'm going up to Prince Edward Island after the fest. Yep, Sunday River is a great way to start a road trip!

That's a great idea. I've been threatening to go to Nova Scotia for years. Just need medical papers for Parker.

john.jackson9213 July 10th, 2015 05:33

Think I will also tack on Nova Scotia if I add a third week to the vacation. It is what, about 1000 miles round trip from Maine?

AndyBees July 10th, 2015 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by john.jackson9213 (Post 4840669)
Think I will also tack on Nova Scotia if I add a third week to the vacation. It is what, about 1000 miles round trip from Maine?

Two years ago, we drove from the TDI FEST at Newry, Maine over to Acadia National Park on the coast. We stayed there for about three days. Then we went on up the coast (visited Campobello Island Roosevelt) and spent the night in Calais, Maine on the border with Canada. The next day we drove into New Brunswick followed along the coast (Ft St Johns) and ended up at Cape Hopewell where we spent the night. After visiting The Rocks Provincial Park the next morning, we headed for Nova Scotia. Unfortunately, we ran in to loads of rain. They told us at the Visitor Center just over the border in Nova Scotia that the rain would last the next 4 or 5 days.

So, at approximately noon, we head back to the USA. We drove Highway 2 back to Woodstock, NB Canada and from there hit I-95 back into Maine. We made it all the way to Waterville, Maine by about 8:30 pm.

So, visits to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island are all doable from the TDI Fest ....... so, sorry we are going to miss it!

Lug_Nut July 11th, 2015 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 4840352)
I was waiting for someone to say this.......Usually Jon Bartlett ...you will see or not.....;)

I figured that everyone else also recognized the pattern and that I didn't need to point it out yet again.

IndigoBlueWagon July 12th, 2015 05:16

I don't think anyone went last year. ;)

Abacus July 12th, 2015 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by john.jackson9213 (Post 4840669)

Yes, it's about 1K miles round trip and well worth the drive, just make sure you have your passports. I don't know if you camp or not but the camping out there is excellent and there are a few places you can get right on the water. I have more than enough camping gear to lend if needed.

We have plenty of spare room and you're welcome to use our house as a base from which to sightsee, and I can take some time off for tours of the local area. No need to spend extra for hotel rooms and eating out if you don't want. We can also hook you up with acoutrements that would make your excursions more enjoyable. Maine is great that time of year and worth taking the time to visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeetleGo (Post 4840650)

We just got back from visiting relatives on PEI and go there 3-4 times per year. Even coming from Maine it's a spectacular place to visit and worth the 7-8 hour drive each way.

tomo366 July 12th, 2015 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon (Post 4841714)
I don't think anyone went last year. ;)

Huh? Really! Well damn.....where was I?