TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2015 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   TDIFest 2015 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=437527)

john.jackson9213 July 12th, 2015 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abacus (Post 4841742)
Yes, it's about 1K miles round trip and well worth the drive, just make sure you have your passports. I don't know if you camp or not but the camping out there is excellent and there are a few places you can get right on the water. I have more than enough camping gear to lend if needed.

We have plenty of spare room and you're welcome to use our house as a base from which to sightsee, and I can take some time off for tours of the local area. No need to spend extra for hotel rooms and eating out if you don't want. We can also hook you up with acoutrements that would make your excursions more enjoyable. Maine is great that time of year and worth taking the time to visit.

We just got back from visiting relatives on PEI and go there 3-4 times per year. Even coming from Maine it's a spectacular place to visit and worth the 7-8 hour drive each way.

I just may take you up on some of that. Camping is not something Anita will tolerate any more, unless it is at a Holiday Inn or the like. Even driving across the country and back is not anything she wants to do. She may go one way with me, but not both ways. She likely will drive to Montreal with me and then fly home or fly to Italy and spend some time with family there. Looks like I will be driving by myself most of the way. Which is fine. I would not mind tossing the tent/sleeping bag, etc in the wagon. Even toying with getting and older Coleman tent trailer for the trip.

One thing I need to look at this year is a cruise from Boston to Montreal. Could be a good way to sample the Maritime Provinces. Fly into Boston, take a cruise to Montreal. The TDIFest could fit very nicely into that trip. Kind of hopped to do that in 2013, but it did not happen. Montreal is only a couple of hundred miles from Newry, Maine. Anita would go for that, no problem.

BeetleGo July 13th, 2015 07:49

Is it just me? I am trying to register. I made the arrangements for my room, registered what kind of user I am (you need a 'hopeless' category!), and I am now trying to say the meals that I want, the Mt. Washington drive, and zip line if they've got it.

WHERE?!

millere5815 July 13th, 2015 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeetleGo (Post 4842439)
Is it just me? I am trying to register. I made the arrangements for my room, registered what kind of user I am (you need a 'hopeless' category!), and I am now trying to say the meals that I want, the Mt. Washington drive, and zip line if they've got it.
WHERE?!

Is this what you are looking for?https://events.tdiclub.com/event_info.php?id=2015001

BeetleGo July 13th, 2015 10:00

Where do I say which meal/event I want to attend?

BeetleGo July 13th, 2015 10:08

Ok, and why has my avatar switched to PeterV's?!

VeeDubTDI July 13th, 2015 10:44

Call me and I'll walk you through it.

Lug_Nut July 14th, 2015 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeetleGo (Post 4840650)
I'm going up to Prince Edward Island after the fest. Yep, Sunday River is a great way to start a road trip!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon (Post 4840656)
That's a great idea. I've been threatening to go to Nova Scotia for years. Just need medical papers for Parker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by john.jackson9213 (Post 4840669)
Think I will also tack on Nova Scotia if I add a third week to the vacation. It is what, about 1000 miles round trip from Maine?

And I'm trying to decide if to go the week before, or the week after....

Abacus July 14th, 2015 06:38

Week after, just in case another TDI decides to toss a timing belt on the way to the Fest. :p

BeetleGo July 14th, 2015 11:36

Hmmm, I'm seeing an interesting trend! :cool:

Nash_TDI July 15th, 2015 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abacus (Post 4843079)
Week after, just in case another TDI decides to toss a timing belt on the way to the Fest. :p

That was interesting. Props to the guys that busted it out.

AndyBees July 21st, 2015 06:40

As I previously posted, unfortunately, we will not be attending the 2015 TDI Fest.

So, this morning I canceled reservations at the Rostay motel which is located 4.9 miles from the event hotel and 1.7 miles from downtown Bethel. We had reservations there because we would have been bringing our Schnauzer along.

If anyone is needing a room away from the event hotel, from what I have read about the Rostay and others have stated, it appears to be a good place to stay.

As I recall, the rate is $1 less than the event hotel for Friday and Saturday night with a $20.00 drop for Sunday night.

http://www.rostay.com/rates.htm

Address: 186 Mayville Rd, Bethel, ME 04217
Phone:(207) 824-3111

They do own a TDI and as I understand, it is for sale (03 Jetta I believe.).

I'm sorry we cannot attend the event!

1854sailor July 21st, 2015 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash_TDI (Post 4843747)
That was interesting. Props to the guys that busted it out.

And to Jon for towing the car to Maine from where was it, Vermont?

rangeroad July 24th, 2015 20:10

Reading up on the TDI fest and am thinking of going. Caught a few posts here about folks wanting to check out Nova Scotia. I would like to promote this beautiful province as best I can....it's great! However, you will encounter:

the.worst.roads.in.NorthAmerica.,
especially in the Halifax area.

Don't say I didn't warn ya! ; )

1854sailor July 24th, 2015 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangeroad (Post 4850766)
…the.worst.roads.in.NorthAmerica...

Come to Baltimore… :eek:

Abacus July 24th, 2015 20:30

You have obviously never been to Maine, where we have statewide contest to see who has the worst roads. They put a thin coat of paint on them every 6 years but that's not close to being enough. Couple the crappy job with frost heaves due to deep freezes and ledge, and some roads are almost impassable.