TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2015 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   TDIFest 2015 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=437527)

BleachedBora May 29th, 2015 13:22

Funny, I thought I had already posted on this...

We'll be there as usual, looking forward to seeing everyone and gorging on Lobstah!


We'll bring (at least for us) limited parts (preorders are always appreciated) and plan on tuning just about everything from 1996-2016. (Yes, we can tune the 2015+ cars now!)

Cheers,
-BB

AndyBees May 30th, 2015 06:00

Finalizing plans for the summer..
 
The month of May is all but gone, so, I'm trying to put our summer activities into final drive. I just booked a motel for the Fest Weekend ....

Although we had rather stay at the event hotel, since it does not allow pets, I had no choice but to book off-site. My side-kick, Scruff, the mini Schnauzer, travels with us. He is a diabetic which requires special attention that I trust to no one.;)

So, unless our summer plans change drastically, we hope to see y'all Labor Day Weekend!:D

IndigoBlueWagon May 30th, 2015 06:07

Andy: I stayed at the Bethel Inn in 2013 with Parker the wonder dog. Only about 10 min from the site and a nice hotel. Not inexpensive, however. I'm on the fence about doing that again or leaving him at home, although sometimes I think people want to see him at the Fest more than me.
http://idparts.com/gallery/d/2688-2/parkerout.jpg

AndyBees May 30th, 2015 06:37

Nice pooch....

I booked the Rostay, 6.79 miles from Sunday River (right on Route 2) .......... the dude was really nice and the price was cheaper than Bookings or Priceline. Also, he has a 2002 Jetta TDI for sale, if anyone is interested.

Scruff...

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/6130/medium/03111.JPG

Wife and Scruff..

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/5751/medium/100_9384.JPG

millere5815 May 30th, 2015 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleachedBora (Post 4813083)
Funny, I thought I had already posted on this...

We'll be there as usual, looking forward to seeing everyone and gorging on Lobstah!


We'll bring (at least for us) limited parts (preorders are always appreciated) and plan on tuning just about everything from 1996-2016. (Yes, we can tune the 2015+ cars now!)

Cheers,
-BB

Nice to hear. I was going to get a stage 4 tune before I went to tdifest, but if you are going to be there and able to do it I may just wait. I'll just need a 3 bar MAF

PeterV May 30th, 2015 11:32

We want Parker, We want Parker! We want Parker, We want Parker! We want Parker, We want Parker! He will need his butler so Peter better be here also.....

Abacus May 30th, 2015 14:54

I've stayed at the Rostay before, not a bad place and right down the road.

AndyBees May 30th, 2015 16:25

Yeah, from the pics on the web site, the Rostay should be able to accommodate our needs. They welcome pets, large area to walk the dog, rooms looked fairly nice, Sunday rate drops $20.00 and the dude said I could leave my popup camper parked there. ...... and, seems there is a full breakfast each morning! Comments indicated the food is good! ..........

Yes, Abacus, being just down the road is a plus.

VeeDubTDI June 1st, 2015 10:11

Hi guys and gals!

Just an update here: we are working on the registration system and it should be ready by mid-month (hopefully before). The hotel is ready for booking if you want to go ahead and get that out of the way ... I'll start a new thread with lodging information and the group code.

ATR June 1st, 2015 15:35

Looking forward to this... hopefully I'll be able to make it!

BleachedBora June 5th, 2015 13:25

Sounds good Millere, just get in touch with me a few weeks before and we'll sort it out.

Peter - everyone loves you and your pooch, and since I don't think Parker can drive alone you probably better bring both of you... :)
-BB

KM1DAS June 10th, 2015 22:31

Is there a paid membership we have to get to do this or just a free forum member? I'd definitely love to come by and meet some people. Thanks.

VeeDubTDI June 10th, 2015 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by KM1DAS (Post 4821521)
Is there a paid membership we have to get to do this or just a free forum member? I'd definitely love to come by and meet some people. Thanks.

There will be a paid membership. That system will be launched in the next two weeks, so stay tuned for more information. We'd love to have you! :cool:

k_harley June 20th, 2015 19:43

I might have a wedding that weekend, but it not, this is great, I just bought a condo in North Conway, so I can use that as a half way point for the fest. I have extra bedrooms there too if others need a place to stay. I had a good time last fest!

mishkaya June 25th, 2015 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4821531)
There will be a paid membership. That system will be launched in the next two weeks, so stay tuned for more information. We'd love to have you! :cool:

Any updates? :confused:

VeeDubTDI June 25th, 2015 12:52

I have lots of updates, actually. I'm just waiting until the conclusion of tonight's planning conference call to post them. :)

AndyBees July 6th, 2015 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBees (Post 4813460)
The month of May is all but gone, so, I'm trying to put our summer activities into final drive. I just booked a motel for the Fest Weekend ....

Although we had rather stay at the event hotel, since it does not allow pets, I had no choice but to book off-site. My side-kick, Scruff, the mini Schnauzer, travels with us. He is a diabetic which requires special attention that I trust to no one.;)

So, unless our summer plans change drastically, we hope to see y'all Labor Day Weekend!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBees (Post 4813794)
Yeah, from the pics on the web site, the Rostay should be able to accommodate our needs. They welcome pets, large area to walk the dog, rooms looked fairly nice, Sunday rate drops $20.00 and the dude said I could leave my popup camper parked there. ...... and, seems there is a full breakfast each morning! Comments indicated the food is good! ..........

Yes, Abacus, being just down the road is a plus.


Sorry to report, but we've had to change plans. So, unfortunately, we will not be attending the 2015 TDI Fest.

As can be seen in the quotes above, we do have reservations at the Rostay Inn which is located about 4.9 miles from the event location.

So, later this week, I'll be cancelling the motel reservations.

1854sailor July 6th, 2015 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBees (Post 4837850)
...Sorry to report, but we've had to change plans. So, unfortunately, we will not be attending the 2015 TDI Fest...

You will be missed! You can, however, mail the moonshine to me and I promise to deliver it to the auction for you... :D

VeeDubTDI July 6th, 2015 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBees (Post 4837850)
Sorry to report, but we've had to change plans. So, unfortunately, we will not be attending the 2015 TDI Fest.

As can be seen in the quotes above, we do have reservations at the Rostay Inn which is located about 4.9 miles from the event location.

So, later this week, I'll be cancelling the motel reservations.

Bummer! I hope your alternate plans are fun! ;)

Abacus July 6th, 2015 19:36

That's too bad but our offer is always open should you venture north at some other time.

MonsterTDI09 July 8th, 2015 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBees (Post 4837850)
Sorry to report, but we've had to change plans. So, unfortunately, we will not be attending the 2015 TDI Fest.

As can be seen in the quotes above, we do have reservations at the Rostay Inn which is located about 4.9 miles from the event location.

So, later this week, I'll be cancelling the motel reservations.

That's a bummer you will be missed :(

1854sailor July 8th, 2015 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 4839784)
I am probably not going either .....:(

What??:(

ATR July 8th, 2015 22:44

Friend/co-worker has a wedding the same weekend of the tdi fest... Soooooooo... Looks like I too might not be able to make it :(

I'll more than likely be at water fest however :D

IndigoBlueWagon July 9th, 2015 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 4839784)
I am probably not going either .....:(

You always say this. Then you show up. :D

BeetleGo July 9th, 2015 14:11

Tom, you know you want to! :D

tomo366 July 9th, 2015 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon (Post 4840110)
You always say this. Then you show up. :D

I was waiting for someone to say this.......Usually Jon Bartlett ...you will see or not.....;)

AndyBees July 9th, 2015 19:14

Well, we're helping finish off a house re-modeling job for our son and his family. Our goal is to have them moved in by Labor Day weekend. I have to choose between preparing for the TDI Fest or helping family. If the weather had been a little more cooperative back in late winter and early spring (and most recently), I think we could have made it.

I was really looking forward to New England again as well as another attempt to tour parts of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia after the Fest.

The wife is saying we should reward ourselves with a road trip out west in October.

BeetleGo July 10th, 2015 04:37

I'm going up to Prince Edward Island after the fest. Yep, Sunday River is a great way to start a road trip!

IndigoBlueWagon July 10th, 2015 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeetleGo (Post 4840650)
I'm going up to Prince Edward Island after the fest. Yep, Sunday River is a great way to start a road trip!

That's a great idea. I've been threatening to go to Nova Scotia for years. Just need medical papers for Parker.

john.jackson9213 July 10th, 2015 05:33

Think I will also tack on Nova Scotia if I add a third week to the vacation. It is what, about 1000 miles round trip from Maine?

AndyBees July 10th, 2015 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by john.jackson9213 (Post 4840669)
Think I will also tack on Nova Scotia if I add a third week to the vacation. It is what, about 1000 miles round trip from Maine?

Two years ago, we drove from the TDI FEST at Newry, Maine over to Acadia National Park on the coast. We stayed there for about three days. Then we went on up the coast (visited Campobello Island Roosevelt) and spent the night in Calais, Maine on the border with Canada. The next day we drove into New Brunswick followed along the coast (Ft St Johns) and ended up at Cape Hopewell where we spent the night. After visiting The Rocks Provincial Park the next morning, we headed for Nova Scotia. Unfortunately, we ran in to loads of rain. They told us at the Visitor Center just over the border in Nova Scotia that the rain would last the next 4 or 5 days.

So, at approximately noon, we head back to the USA. We drove Highway 2 back to Woodstock, NB Canada and from there hit I-95 back into Maine. We made it all the way to Waterville, Maine by about 8:30 pm.

So, visits to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island are all doable from the TDI Fest ....... so, sorry we are going to miss it!

Lug_Nut July 11th, 2015 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 4840352)
I was waiting for someone to say this.......Usually Jon Bartlett ...you will see or not.....;)

I figured that everyone else also recognized the pattern and that I didn't need to point it out yet again.

IndigoBlueWagon July 12th, 2015 05:16

I don't think anyone went last year. ;)

Abacus July 12th, 2015 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by john.jackson9213 (Post 4840669)
Think I will also tack on Nova Scotia if I add a third week to the vacation. It is what, about 1000 miles round trip from Maine?

Yes, it's about 1K miles round trip and well worth the drive, just make sure you have your passports. I don't know if you camp or not but the camping out there is excellent and there are a few places you can get right on the water. I have more than enough camping gear to lend if needed.

We have plenty of spare room and you're welcome to use our house as a base from which to sightsee, and I can take some time off for tours of the local area. No need to spend extra for hotel rooms and eating out if you don't want. We can also hook you up with acoutrements that would make your excursions more enjoyable. Maine is great that time of year and worth taking the time to visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeetleGo (Post 4840650)
I'm going up to Prince Edward Island after the fest. Yep, Sunday River is a great way to start a road trip!

We just got back from visiting relatives on PEI and go there 3-4 times per year. Even coming from Maine it's a spectacular place to visit and worth the 7-8 hour drive each way.

tomo366 July 12th, 2015 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon (Post 4841714)
I don't think anyone went last year. ;)

Huh? Really! Well damn.....where was I?

john.jackson9213 July 12th, 2015 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abacus (Post 4841742)
Yes, it's about 1K miles round trip and well worth the drive, just make sure you have your passports. I don't know if you camp or not but the camping out there is excellent and there are a few places you can get right on the water. I have more than enough camping gear to lend if needed.

We have plenty of spare room and you're welcome to use our house as a base from which to sightsee, and I can take some time off for tours of the local area. No need to spend extra for hotel rooms and eating out if you don't want. We can also hook you up with acoutrements that would make your excursions more enjoyable. Maine is great that time of year and worth taking the time to visit.



We just got back from visiting relatives on PEI and go there 3-4 times per year. Even coming from Maine it's a spectacular place to visit and worth the 7-8 hour drive each way.

I just may take you up on some of that. Camping is not something Anita will tolerate any more, unless it is at a Holiday Inn or the like. Even driving across the country and back is not anything she wants to do. She may go one way with me, but not both ways. She likely will drive to Montreal with me and then fly home or fly to Italy and spend some time with family there. Looks like I will be driving by myself most of the way. Which is fine. I would not mind tossing the tent/sleeping bag, etc in the wagon. Even toying with getting and older Coleman tent trailer for the trip.

One thing I need to look at this year is a cruise from Boston to Montreal. Could be a good way to sample the Maritime Provinces. Fly into Boston, take a cruise to Montreal. The TDIFest could fit very nicely into that trip. Kind of hopped to do that in 2013, but it did not happen. Montreal is only a couple of hundred miles from Newry, Maine. Anita would go for that, no problem.

BeetleGo July 13th, 2015 07:49

Is it just me? I am trying to register. I made the arrangements for my room, registered what kind of user I am (you need a 'hopeless' category!), and I am now trying to say the meals that I want, the Mt. Washington drive, and zip line if they've got it.

WHERE?!

millere5815 July 13th, 2015 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeetleGo (Post 4842439)
Is it just me? I am trying to register. I made the arrangements for my room, registered what kind of user I am (you need a 'hopeless' category!), and I am now trying to say the meals that I want, the Mt. Washington drive, and zip line if they've got it.
WHERE?!


Is this what you are looking for?https://events.tdiclub.com/event_info.php?id=2015001

BeetleGo July 13th, 2015 10:00

Where do I say which meal/event I want to attend?

BeetleGo July 13th, 2015 10:08

Ok, and why has my avatar switched to PeterV's?!

VeeDubTDI July 13th, 2015 10:44

Call me and I'll walk you through it.

Lug_Nut July 14th, 2015 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeetleGo (Post 4840650)
I'm going up to Prince Edward Island after the fest. Yep, Sunday River is a great way to start a road trip!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon (Post 4840656)
That's a great idea. I've been threatening to go to Nova Scotia for years. Just need medical papers for Parker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by john.jackson9213 (Post 4840669)
Think I will also tack on Nova Scotia if I add a third week to the vacation. It is what, about 1000 miles round trip from Maine?

And I'm trying to decide if to go the week before, or the week after....

Abacus July 14th, 2015 06:38

Week after, just in case another TDI decides to toss a timing belt on the way to the Fest. :p

BeetleGo July 14th, 2015 11:36

Hmmm, I'm seeing an interesting trend! :cool:

Nash_TDI July 15th, 2015 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abacus (Post 4843079)
Week after, just in case another TDI decides to toss a timing belt on the way to the Fest. :p

That was interesting. Props to the guys that busted it out.

AndyBees July 21st, 2015 06:40

As I previously posted, unfortunately, we will not be attending the 2015 TDI Fest.

So, this morning I canceled reservations at the Rostay motel which is located 4.9 miles from the event hotel and 1.7 miles from downtown Bethel. We had reservations there because we would have been bringing our Schnauzer along.

If anyone is needing a room away from the event hotel, from what I have read about the Rostay and others have stated, it appears to be a good place to stay.

As I recall, the rate is $1 less than the event hotel for Friday and Saturday night with a $20.00 drop for Sunday night.

http://www.rostay.com/rates.htm

Address: 186 Mayville Rd, Bethel, ME 04217
Phone:(207) 824-3111

They do own a TDI and as I understand, it is for sale (03 Jetta I believe.).

I'm sorry we cannot attend the event!

1854sailor July 21st, 2015 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash_TDI (Post 4843747)
That was interesting. Props to the guys that busted it out.

And to Jon for towing the car to Maine from where was it, Vermont?

rangeroad July 24th, 2015 20:10

Reading up on the TDI fest and am thinking of going. Caught a few posts here about folks wanting to check out Nova Scotia. I would like to promote this beautiful province as best I can....it's great! However, you will encounter:

the.worst.roads.in.NorthAmerica.,
especially in the Halifax area.

Don't say I didn't warn ya! ; )

1854sailor July 24th, 2015 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangeroad (Post 4850766)
…the.worst.roads.in.NorthAmerica...

Come to Baltimore… :eek:

Abacus July 24th, 2015 20:30

You have obviously never been to Maine, where we have statewide contest to see who has the worst roads. They put a thin coat of paint on them every 6 years but that's not close to being enough. Couple the crappy job with frost heaves due to deep freezes and ledge, and some roads are almost impassable.

vwUMO July 26th, 2015 18:52

I live in Bethel, so happy to assist. Can also lead any rides if folks want scenery. The Irving in town has the best/most consistent fuel for those of you tanking up. I've never managed to make it to one of these but am happy to attend for once!
Also, if there are any HAM guys out there, I have a cool setup in my Jetta to show... :)

Campbellonh July 30th, 2015 16:41

How do we volunteer for the positions posted on the wiki?

VeeDubTDI July 30th, 2015 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Campbellonh (Post 4854018)
How do we volunteer for the positions posted on the wiki?

Funny you should mention that. Sara just posted a volunteer thread here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=444861

W386 July 31st, 2015 13:54

My first TDI Fest. Looking forward to it and meeting others with the same addiction. Peace

n1das July 31st, 2015 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1das (Post 4776784)
N1DAS & g/f Lisa --> IN.

Looking forward to TDIfest2015!! Count us in!

I'm planning to bring the 2014 BMW 535d to the 'fest like I did in 2013. :cool: In 2013 I had picked up the 535d about 2 weeks before TDIfest2013.

N1DAS & Lisa registered! :cool:

Just turned 53k miles on the 535d. If it were my only car it would be just passing 100k miles now. :cool:

vwUMO July 31st, 2015 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1das (Post 4854715)
N1DAS & Lisa registered! :cool:
Just turned 53k miles on the 535d. If it were my only car it would be just passing 100k miles now. :cool:

N1BMG Here...


146.88 PL100hz KQ1L is repeater of choice fyi :)

BuzzKen August 2nd, 2015 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1das
I'm planning to bring the 2014 BMW 535d to the 'fest like I did in 2013. :cool: In 2013 I had picked up the 535d about 2 weeks before TDIfest2013.

I will most likely be bringing the 335D, I'll show you what some breathing mods and a tune do to this motor. I so wish I had 4 wheels grabbing like u......

AARodriguez Corp. August 2nd, 2015 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzzKen (Post 4855977)
I will most likely be bringing the 335D, I'll show you what some breathing mods and a tune do to this motor. I so wish I had 4 wheels grabbing like u......

I call shotgun!

BuzzKen August 2nd, 2015 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by AARodriguez Corp. (Post 4856008)
I call shotgun!


Meh...... I don't want pee on my seat

n1das August 3rd, 2015 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzzKen (Post 4855977)
I will most likely be bringing the 335D, I'll show you what some breathing mods and a tune do to this motor. I so wish I had 4 wheels grabbing like u......

Excellent! Looking forward to this! :)

The 535d so far has been absolutely flawless and a hoot to drive. :cool: Still planning to bring it to TDIfest2015. :cool:

Sadly my 2012 X5 35d is currently at Tulley BMW in Nashua NH getting looked at to diagnose a Check Engine Light or SES (Service Engine Soon in BMW-speak), multiple codes thrown and way down in power due to limp mode from throwing the codes. Reduced power in limp mode is such that it can't maintain highway speed and almost can't climb the hill in my neighborhood. Car was running excellent and power and MPGs were all where they should be prior to this happening over the weekend and gave no prior warning. Car currently has 95k miles on it, bought used (CPO deal) at 52k miles. This is the first time it has ever thrown a code or misbehaved at all. :(

Fortunately the X5 35d is still under CPO warranty. What eventually comes of this will determine whether I decide to keep it past warranty if the root cause turns out to be a recurring issue. :(

n1das August 3rd, 2015 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzzKen (Post 4856015)
Meh...... I don't want pee on my seat

LOL, it already has plenty of Weapons grade TORQUE in bone stock form! :cool:

YukonLT August 3rd, 2015 17:18

Might drive up for the day Saturday, would be cool to meet some members here.

Lug_Nut August 3rd, 2015 17:47

As in the past, the outdoor events are in public and anyone can spectate, but to participate, or to attend the events not being held outdoors, will require appropriate credentials.
We're friendly. We'll talk, we'll listen, but please don't "crash".

YukonLT August 4th, 2015 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lug_Nut (Post 4856648)
As in the past, the outdoor events are in public and anyone can spectate, but to participate, or to attend the events not being held outdoors, will require appropriate credentials.
We're friendly. We'll talk, we'll listen, but please don't "crash".

Appropriate credentials?

AARodriguez Corp. August 4th, 2015 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by YukonLT (Post 4856839)
Appropriate credentials?

Lugnut, I dont think there has been enough awareness raised regarding paid forum memberships that are now available.

bhtooefr August 4th, 2015 03:45

TDIFest event badge.

VeeDubTDI August 4th, 2015 05:05

All attendees must register for the event. This process for this is explained in the first post of the "registration is LIVE" thread (sticky in this forum).

john.jackson9213 August 4th, 2015 05:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4856870)
All attendees must register for the event. This process for this is explained in the first post of the "registration is LIVE" thread (sticky in this forum).

Think it is fair to say it boils down to making a $60 contribution to support the TDIClub for the whole year.

tomo366 August 4th, 2015 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by john.jackson9213 (Post 4856885)
Think it is fair to say it boils down to making a $60 contribution to support the TDIClub for the whole year.

Not bad! since for the last 18+ years no contribution was required and there is no Advertising.......;)

1854sailor August 4th, 2015 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo366 (Post 4856998)
Not bad! since for the last 18+ years no contribution was required and there is no Advertising.......;)

^^This… I've probably saved several thousand dollars over the years doing my own repairs using the FREE information and advice that I have found on this website.

YukonLT August 4th, 2015 08:28

My bad, I quickly skimmed through the requirements.

1854sailor August 4th, 2015 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by YukonLT (Post 4857016)
My bad, I quickly skimmed through the requirements.

You're welcome to come up! As Lug_Nut said, outdoor activities are open to the public, but if you want to attend any of the tech sessions, you will need to register. Hope to see you there!

BuzzKen August 4th, 2015 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1das (Post 4856602)
Excellent! Looking forward to this! :)

The 535d so far has been absolutely flawless and a hoot to drive. :cool: Still planning to bring it to TDIfest2015. :cool:

Sadly my 2012 X5 35d is currently at Tulley BMW in Nashua NH getting looked at to diagnose a Check Engine Light or SES (Service Engine Soon in BMW-speak), multiple codes thrown and way down in power due to limp mode from throwing the codes. Reduced power in limp mode is such that it can't maintain highway speed and almost can't climb the hill in my neighborhood. Car was running excellent and power and MPGs were all where they should be prior to this happening over the weekend and gave no prior warning. Car currently has 95k miles on it, bought used (CPO deal) at 52k miles. This is the first time it has ever thrown a code or misbehaved at all. :(

Fortunately the X5 35d is still under CPO warranty. What eventually comes of this will determine whether I decide to keep it past warranty if the root cause turns out to be a recurring issue. :(


My money is on egr valve, but it will be emission related I'm sure. I wouldn't know of such issues on my X5D.............

BuzzKen August 4th, 2015 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1das (Post 4856611)
LOL, it already has plenty of Weapons grade TORQUE in bone stock form! :cool:


In stock form, it had nothing on my ex-'01 Golf tdi. I wasn't sure whether to be disappointed in the 335 or happy that the Golf is that quick. Lols.

BuzzKen August 4th, 2015 20:45

Sorry for the thread hiijack!!

BuzzKen August 4th, 2015 20:45

Sorry for the thread hiijack!!

n1das August 4th, 2015 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzzKen (Post 4857624)
My money is on egr valve, but it will be emission related I'm sure. I wouldn't know of such issues on my X5D.............

Well now I'm on the fence on which car to bring to TDIfest2015. I got the X5 35d back today, all fixed under CPO warranty. Turned out to be a failed MAF, EGT, and boost pressure sensors. Car runs BETTER than it ever has before and mileage and power are improved. I'm not sure which car to bring to TDIfest2015 because both are such a hoot to drive. :cool:

Anyhow Lisa and I are all registered for TDIfest2015 and lodging is booked. Looking forward to meeting you there! :)

n1das August 7th, 2015 09:49

I decided I'm going to bring the X5 35d to TDIfest this year since I brought the 535d there in 2013. I also want a ride in BuzzKen's modded 335d. :cool:

Anybody planning to bring a T'Reg V6 or V10 TDI or Audi Q7 TDI to TDIfest this year?

BuzzKen August 7th, 2015 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1das (Post 4859408)
I decided I'm going to bring the X5 35d to TDIfest this year since I brought the 535d there in 2013. I also want a ride in BuzzKen's modded 335d. :cool:
Anybody planning to bring a T'Reg V6 or V10 TDI or Audi Q7 TDI to TDIfest this year?


I can't bring ALL my toys.........

1854sailor August 7th, 2015 10:24

I think that VeeDubTDI is bringing the V10 T'reg.

VeeDubTDI August 7th, 2015 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1854sailor (Post 4859436)
I think that VeeDubTDI is bringing the V10 T'reg.


Assuming it continues being cooperative. ;)

MonsterTDI09 August 7th, 2015 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4859505)
Assuming it continues being cooperative. ;)

She is in good hands right now.:D

VeeDubTDI August 7th, 2015 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonsterTDI09 (Post 4859613)
She is in good hands right now.:D

What are you, some sort of stalker/spy? ;)

vwUMO September 22nd, 2015 12:39

You guys missed all the fun! Sunday river made snow this morning! And thats just how quick things change!! http://www.sundayriver.com/winter/mountain-report

VeeDubTDI September 22nd, 2015 12:41

I just got the email update from them saying that their snow making test was successful. That's nice, on the first day of fall! :cool:

vwUMO September 22nd, 2015 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4895093)
I just got the email update from them saying that their snow making test was successful. That's nice, on the first day of fall! :cool:

Its a good wakeup call for what is around the corner :)

tomo366 September 22nd, 2015 14:20

That is so Cool!! I ask the Guy sweeping the floor by the Lifts when when came down from the banquet and he said right around now!!

Abacus September 22nd, 2015 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwUMO (Post 4895092)
You guys missed all the fun! Sunday river made snow this morning! And thats just how quick things change!! http://www.sundayriver.com/winter/mountain-report

Yep, just three days ago I was swimming in Trout Lake not far from there and the temp was in the mid 80's.

Typical Maine weather.

vwUMO September 22nd, 2015 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abacus (Post 4895291)
Yep, just three days ago I was swimming in Trout Lake not far from there and the temp was in the mid 80's.

Typical Maine weather.

I know right where you are talking! Beautiful lake. Yeah, the temps drop off quick this time of year. Glad we got a chance to venture up Mt. washington before she went sub-zero on us!

Although, taking all of you guys ice fishing (I mean drinking) would have been a whole bunch of fun! :) Looks like the blizzaks might be going on soon!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017

Page generated in 0.13843 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 84.99 Kb. compressed to 79.49 Kb. by saving 5.50 Kb. (6.47%)]