TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2014 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Any updates on 2014 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=398615)

romad November 21st, 2013 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlfly (Post 4358663)
Austin, TX for Formula One event in Nov. Most time F1 is in mid November (Nov 15). It's good place to go during that time a lot music and excellent food. We can stay either Austin or San Antonio (cheaper) or North on Austin. We can visit F1 racing on Sun just buy one day tickets. Also it's excellent weather around all US so driving should be enjoyable and very good mpg. I like Texas I think it's true USA, kind people, good food, a lot music, and fast hwy's.

You are aware that the TDIFest is on Labor/Labour Day weekend because that is when these U.S. and Canada have the same holiday?

As for mid-November weather, just about every northern and Rocky Mountain state/province will be having snow storms. And, of course, it is close to the U.S. Thanksgiving holidays.

deegingerkid November 21st, 2013 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlfly (Post 4358663)
Austin, TX for Formula One event in Nov. Most time F1 is in mid November (Nov 15). It's good place to go during that time a lot music and excellent food. We can stay either Austin or San Antonio (cheaper) or North on Austin. We can visit F1 racing on Sun just buy one day tickets. Also it's excellent weather around all US so driving should be enjoyable and very good mpg. I like Texas I think it's true USA, kind people, good food, a lot music, and fast hwy's.

I'd consider going, but if Seb is going to run away with next season like he did this season, I have little to no interest. Now..if Kimi works miracles with Ferrari or Grosjean kicks some serious ass with Lotus, I'm IN! Matt says if Lewis is having a half decent season count him in too. :D

blu_jet_92 November 22nd, 2013 15:45

I'm a few hours north of STL, but i'd be more than happy to help!

Dozenspeed November 22nd, 2013 15:54

Sad news. The hotel booked a couple weddings out from under me. :( Something about email server failure on THEIR part. :confused: A real follow-up phone call would have been.......nice. (I was trying to avoid using the word "professional" -oh darn it I did anyway) My fault I guess for trying not to be annoying and impetuous. :o Suddenly I'm left without the perfect venue. :mad:

I'm now thinking......thinking.......:(

tomo366 November 22nd, 2013 17:04

:(......

sdubois November 23rd, 2013 02:44

well thats just SLIGHTLY annoying....I'm now also thinking......thinking.......:(

Verizon Wireless ampitheater has a decent size parking lot, are there usually concerts on holidays(specifically labor day)?

Lug_Nut November 23rd, 2013 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dozenspeed (Post 4361686)
Suddenly I'm left without the perfect venue.
I'm now thinking......thinking.......

Part of the struggle of the fest organization is coping with the set-backs that invariably arise. Those that handle the issues best are those that still make the plan B work better than the fubarred plan A. So that venue would have been perfect? So what? Pick up, move on, work a plan B. How could B be improved to be more like A? Not necessarily perfect, but can it be close enough to A that those in attendance won't care? You might know the difference, but the attendees don't have to know.

Dozenspeed November 23rd, 2013 19:04

Gee, rally the boys with pep talk when the chips are down much? :)

MonsterTDI09 November 24th, 2013 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dozenspeed (Post 4362660)

You will find better place:)

Lug_Nut November 24th, 2013 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dozenspeed (Post 4362660)

No, obviously, as I'm not good at it.

Dozenspeed November 25th, 2013 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lug_Nut (Post 4363269)
No, obviously, as I'm not good at it.

I think you did a fine job. :)

TomJD November 25th, 2013 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dozenspeed (Post 4361686)
Sad news. The hotel booked a couple weddings out from under me. :( Something about email server failure on THEIR part. :confused: A real follow-up phone call would have been.......nice. (I was trying to avoid using the word "professional" -oh darn it I did anyway) My fault I guess for trying not to be annoying and impetuous. :o Suddenly I'm left without the perfect venue. :mad:

I'm now thinking......thinking.......:(

Sounds like they were giving you the run-a-round from day one. You had mentioned to me months ago that they were desperate for business and I now know why. We can always go further out, down 44 maybe? I imagine there are some relatively empty hotels in Eureka. Though the NW area of STL is a pretty nice area. Come to think of it, I don't even think I pass a hotel in my 17 mile commute in the morning.

tbarnhart November 29th, 2013 10:23

I hope that a St Louis area meet happens. Most likely will be the only one I would ever be able to attend. Sure can't afford a trip east or west.

evolDiesel December 1st, 2013 11:40

30hr/2053mi from PDX ... Can't win em' all :cool:

romad December 1st, 2013 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolDiesel (Post 4368708)
30hr/2053mi from PDX ... Can't win em' all :cool:

or, almost twice the distance and time to Denver: 1,258 miles/18 hours.