Source or part # for Rear Diffuser with hitch access?

ochoada

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan 2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Hi guys,
I have been reading intently about some of the euro hitch installations. I have seen the conversions done with the bumper cutout and some vague references to the bumper or rear diffuser that has the hatch built in.

Does anyone have the part number for that diffuser or a place that is likely to have access to that part? It sounds like it may only be available in europe? Man there's gotta be a way.

Specifically I'm looking for a 2012 sportwagen TDI.

Thanks!

fastball

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Golf Wagon, DSG, panoramic sunroof, Weathertech mats, Curt hitch
Honestly...I think the all-in-one rear valance with the factory cutout and cover for any Westfalia or eurohitch is still only available in Europe at this point. I was speaking to Leadfoot about his project a few months ago, and he mentioned ordering the Euro rear valance for the wagon as an insurance replacement for his after a rear-end mishap.

ochoada

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Thanks Fastball...Please keep me in mind. Maybe we can order two and save a buck on shipping. I'm find with ordering from Europe but I can't even drag up a part number or a company who would have access...I appreciate your quick response!

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
The replacement part was ordered thru ECS Tuning. They have access to special ordered euro parts. You'll need to look at ETKA to get the exact part number. My car is still in the repair shop and is supposed to be ready this week but the 'spoiler' won't be in for a few more weeks. They're gonna install the old one temporarily until the new part comes in. Driving a Matrix for the last two months is getting really old!

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
I have ETKA on my office computer and can look it up for you if you want. Likely the same as my 2010 but I'm not 100% sure right now.

ochoada

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Thanks vw_leadfoot! I did send in a request to ECS tuning referencing the Jetta sedan part and asking if they have access to the part for the sportwagen. Are there two versions? Paintable and black? The one they list for the sedan is black.

I really appreciate the help guys!

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Yes there are usually a black textured piece and a paintable one. The paintable one is ~3x the cost. Since you're located stateside shipping will be relatively cheap for you. For us getting into Canada is stupid with duty, shipping, brokerage fee's, and our beloved HST (13%)...

Don't rely on ECS for the part number...you really need to know that yourself and order it accordingly. You'll likely be waiting a minimum of 8 weeks as well for the part since they don't stock these items.

I'll try to post the ETKA image too but that'll depend on how busy I am tomorrow!

ochoada

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Thanks a lot! I'm glad to have you guys who have experienced this stuff. It would certainly be a bummer to go through all that and get the wrong part!

Have a good night!

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Now I am really confused! In 2009 ETKA lists one model, in 2010-2012 there are three paintable ones....I am working on it...

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Well I don’t have a definitive answer for you (yet) but I will tell you what I know. For a paintable lower bumper cover with the access hole, ETKA (VW’s Electronic Parts Catalog) calls it a ‘spoiler’. The spoiler is also available in textured black plastic but as our GSW/JSW’s have painted lowers this is the info I am giving you. In ETKA, this information has been retrieved from Illustration 807-50 for a GOLF Variant. For a 2009 model, ETKA lists the part as #12, Part Number 1K9 807 433B GRU. This is what I have on order for my 2010 GSW and should be here in April 2012.

Where it gets very confusing, and even the ETKA guru’s that work for VW here that I have spoken to don’t know why, is that for Model Years 2010-2012, ETKA lists three possible model numbers for the same Part #12, even though the bumper from the 2009 model is the same as far as I can tell:

1K9 807 433B GRU, Additional information: [Model PR-0P1 Rear side exhaust tailpipe]
1K9 807 433D GRU, Additional information: [Model PR-0P0 Rear Exhaust Tailpipe (standard)]
1K9 807 433F GRU, Additional information: [Model PR-0P7 Rear side exhaust tailpipe]

There is no way to determine what if any the difference is between these three. In a month from now, I will know whether or not if I and the body shop have made the correct choice.

The other pieces required remain the same:
Cover Cap (Access hole cover): 1K9 807 397A GRU (See ETKA Illustration 807-50, Item #22)
Clips required to hold the Cover Cap in place (See ETKA Illustration 807-50)
6Q0 807 643, (2) pins required (Diagram Item #23)
6N0 129 355, (2) washers required (Diagram Item #24)
6Q0 807 180, (2) steel clips required (Diagram Item #25)

I am not sure why the spoiler doesn’t come up when searching on ECS Tuning’s site yet two months ago it popped up with a price of ~$350 (min 8 week order time)...you may need to call them to order it. Since mine is being replaced due to a not-at-fault rear end collision, and I convinced the body shop that they wouldn’t want to rebuild the panel backup as I had done, the decided just to order it through their Tuning Shop that has an account with ECS.

In the mean time I am driving the fully repaired car with a new Westfalia hitch, but the old spoiler with the hole I cut in it a year ago. The access panel and the backup material I constructed blew apart when I was rear ended by a texting teen going 100 km/h and I was only going 40 km/h. I can tell you now that the Westfalia hitch/towbar saved the back of my car. It was totally bent in and was touching the sheet metal of the spare tire well. The tailgate did get damaged and was replaced with new, however there was no frame rail damage, no D-pillar damage, no broken glass and I had no injuries... I had no real issues with the insurance company and they replaced the hitch and all other rear end mods I had done without questions.

ochoada

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
I found this on a german forum...and from google translate

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/variant-stossfaenger-hinten-ersetzen-t2715291.html&ei=4tVaT_zNIZPmggey6uyhCw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CDoQ7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3D1K9%2B807%2B433F%2BGRU%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3D5rE%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial%26prmd%3Dimvns

Cosmic6N
V (1K)

Variant: Replace rear bumpers

Is there a spoiler from Golf VI Variant not without cutout for the exhaust?
My
had busy times, but it is safe to come to any result.
He said that the exhaust from the Golf V Variant and Golf VI Variant CAXA have the same part number. That would mean that the Golf VI Variant would also be a spoiler without cutting.
He has given me back then, the following points:
1K9 807 521 GRU primed spoiler, side rear exhaust tailpipe, PR-0P1
1K9 807 521 C GRU primed spoiler, exhaust tailpipes, rear (standard), PR-0P0
1K9 807 521 D GRU primed spoiler, side rear exhaust tailpipe, PR-0P7
1K9 807 433 D GRU primed APC spoiler, exhaust tailpipes, rear (standard), PR-0P0
1K9 807 433 F GRU primed APC spoiler, side rear exhaust tailpipe, PR-0P7
1K9 807 433 B GRU primed APC spoiler, side rear exhaust threatens, PR-0P1
Then he gave me but could not say whether it would have been the right one, I have rejected the plan. Although I variants with the "exhaust pipe rear (standard)" typing.
Perhaps someone has found out more.

I think APC is the backing sensors right???

tricky stuff...:)

Last edited:

ochoada

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Funny thing...ECS has all these parts listed but they have no explanation. I'm going to try and give them a call to see if they can provide some additional info.

I'll report back....

ochoada

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Ok, Here's the scoop from ECS anyway. They took my VIN and confirmed that I needed the 433 series parts but they told met that VW had discontinued them all. So it appears at the surface that the option of getting the OEM tow part is no longer an option. The only option appears to do as many have done here and cut your own Spoiler or valance. This might explain why it's no longer visible on their website. I'd be interested to see if your part is still on it's way.....

ochoada

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
I followed up again on the 533 series of parts. They are all without hitch access for the different trims of the golf variant.

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
As far as I have been told it is that is was ordered (thru ECS) early February and haven't heard anything to the contrary. I find it very unlikely that this part has been discontinued...perhaps discontinued at ECS but there are many folks in Europe that'll be ordering this part...

I know for a fact I need the 433 part but it was determining exactly what the suffix meant which is what had everyone here puzzled. I am 99% sure they have ordered the correct part.

I noticed Eurohitches site is back up and if you can order the spoiler thru them they only state GRU as paintable, and they don't list the full part number. I am sure they aren't any smarter than us when in comes to part numbers so it is evident they don't know either...

It would be great if someone with a EUROPEAN connection could go to a VW dealer and get the skinny on this info...maybe they can even order it for you and ship it to North America...

Last edited:

ochoada

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Yeah, I'm just too risk adverse with the car being under a month old to sink money into a part that no one can confirm is correct.....It would certainly be great to find someone who could decipher this puzzle. Can you suggest an appropriate place on the forum to solicit for some help from a European forum member?

Thanks!

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
I HAVE DECIPHERED THE CODES!!! WooHoooooo ;)

For the record ECS Tuning, screwed me over and discontinued the part after waiting 6 weeks for it...:mad:

As I stated above ETKA lists 3 possible spoilers for the MY 2010-2012, yet only one for the 2009, Part #12, 1K9 807 433B GRU. So I always assumed this was the correct part for my 2010 but was never exactly sure until now...

I have found a company in Germany that sells the parts but they only ship to European countries: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, the Czech Republic and Hungary.

http://www.rameder.eu/en/Towbars/Accessories/Covers/Bumper-lower-part-with-cutout-%C2%96-grounded-ZB4774.html

Using the accessory codes provided in ETKA, here are the differences between the three parts:

I am now working on getting this shipped to a forwarder in Germany, who would then ship it to Canada....and from what I have calculated it actually isn't too costly. Of course I am hoping the body shop will be picking up all associated costs....

Will keep you posted...

Last edited:

ochoada

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Nice, I'm really sorry to hear about ECS. Would have been nice if they would have let you know....I'll keep tuned in to see how the transport from Germany goes.

Good luck, and thanks for all your effort!

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Actually I got an email yesterday, 5 days after I inquired, from parts4euro.com (Detroit) and they can order the part for me. This made me very happy! They gave me a shipped price to Canada of a little over $500 which I thought was pretty good and seeing that it is only one person to deal with, this route made more sense. I gave all the info to the body shop, it was approved by the insurance company today, so the part I have been told was ordered today. The new cover cap is still coming from ECS mid April. No idea on an ETA for the spoiler but if it comes by boat that'll be fine...I plan to let the body shop deal with it from here on in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Reistdi

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Any way someone can look up the part # for 2011 Golf 2Door? Wanting to install my Bosal hitch soon.

Thanks

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Any way someone can look up the part # for 2011 Golf 2Door? Wanting to install my Bosal hitch soon.

Thanks
Shoot me a PM as a reminder and I'll look it up on Monday for you on my work computer that has ETKA on it...

As the Bosal isn't OEM fellow member 'karltinsly' IIRC has one installed on his 09 JSW and the hole needed to be larger than the access panel provided...I believe for the wiring...search for the thread in the other forums.

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
I surmise: Single exhaust, dual exhaust together, split exhaust and hidden exhaust.

Verify the PR code on the Rameder website.

kennedcx

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Sorry about reviving this thread. I have a 2013 Jetta TDI that I read up on these Euro Tow Bars and ended up installing the Westfalia Euro Hitch. I then figured out that the rear valance (diffuser) that was the most common was for the GLI (TSI in Europe) bumpers. If you notice, the above bumper is half of the TDI bumper. However in the US, the TDI bumper doesn't split in two like that. Hence why I switched to using the GLI bumper. I've got two different rear valances now one from ECS which has the tow bar access panel hole but is only a single exhaust pipe model and one from Germany that my Aunt brought with her that's a twin exhaust pipe (one side) but it didn't have the access panel hole. I can't use the mounting bracket off the ECS one because it has a crease in the plastic where as the one from Germany is straight. I was thinking about changing my exhaust to a single 4 inch pipe and just using the ECS one. What do you all think? Or maybe you can help me find the right part number so I can order the right one.