Audi A4 TDI in Canada

speedemn

TDI
Maybe TBD
Is the Audi A4 TDI available in Canada? I cannot seem to find one for sale and now that I think about it I do not think that I have ever seen one on the road.

Does the engine in the A4 model years translate directly to the same model years on the Jetta - i.e. the 2000-2003 Jetta TDI motor is different from the 2
004-2006. Does the A4 work the same way - i.e. is the 2000-2003 A4 TDI the same as the 2000-2003 Jetta TDI motor?

Thanks.

papiot

Veteran Member
Unfortunatelly I have not seen any Audi TDI in Canada (and US for that matter).

The only passenger cars that have disel engines on this continent are VW, some Mercedes and lately some models of Jeep.

Having said that, now that all gas stations have ultra-low sulphur diesel, more manufacturers such has Honda, Subaru, BMW will bring their diesel engines here.

aNUT

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'01 TT (ALH-ish), B7 Audi gasser, '05 Golf
IIRC, the B5 Passat is on the same chassis as some year ranges of A4s, so you could buy essentially the same car in a VW.

Hyates

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
speedemn said:
Is the Audi A4 TDI available in Canada? I cannot seem to find one for sale and now that I think about it I do not think that I have ever seen one on the road.

Does the engine in the A4 model years translate directly to the same model years on the Jetta - i.e. the 2000-2003 Jetta TDI motor is different from the 2
004-2006. Does the A4 work the same way - i.e. is the 2000-2003 A4 TDI the same as the 2000-2003 Jetta TDI motor?

Thanks.
At the car show a few week ago, I was told by Audi Canada that they hope to have the A4 TDI here by the end of the year. No specifics of the car were given. The Q7 was first, and then the A4. I don't know any other specifics, sorry.
H.