TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   West Coast Canada/USA (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Trusted TDI Mechanics/Shops in the Vancouver (GVRD) Area (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=364253)

Schwimmwagen May 8th, 2014 21:57

Just noticed this thread and thought I would suggest Europro Auto Haus in Kelowna. Kevin Delaney is the owner and he is already on the trusted mechanics thread, just that now he has a big shop by Parkinson Rec Centre. Ed, I've heard a lot of bad things about Auto West and once dealt with owner over the phone and I found him very rude to put it nicely....

tdivan August 20th, 2014 19:34

MAPLE RIDGE, British Columbia

I can suggest my friend in Maple Ridge, BC. He has plenty of experience working for dealership shops and has several diesels himself. He is my person to go for any thing regarding my jetta including timing belt, bypass oil filter, suspension...
Any tools - he has it, even VW obd scanner.
Can share the contacts in PM

geodug August 27th, 2014 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW Petrolero (Post 3939616)
Thanks Ed for the recommendation but my address has changed.Customers can call me at my cell :604-401-2130 to set an appointment,because I am doing part time TDI work only .Located in Richmond near Lansdowne Mall.
Cheers
Tony
VW Petrolero

It was time for an oil change, oil filter and fuel filter so I thought I would give Tony a try. I caught him at the right time as he spends winters between November and April in South America.

Tony is a very professional guy and did a great job. Everything was done well and he even included dropping the intercooler hose and found a small amount of gunk in it. This should be a regular maintenance item in a CR140 but it is not mentioned in VW manuals.

He does not have any courtesy cars but the mall is only a block away with lots of food places all around. I would definitely have Tony do my next change if he is not on his winter break.

Tony has been working on VWs for many years and is now semi-retired.

VW Petrolero April 5th, 2015 22:23

Andes Auto Service back in Service

After my winter Holidays am back in Richmond BC ready to Service my loyal customers and TDI Club members that need some work done in their loved TDIs.
I have a new cell:604-401-2137

aydn May 25th, 2015 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW Petrolero (Post 4776224)
After my winter Holidays am back in Richmond BC ready to Service my loyal customers and TDI Club members that need some work done in their loved TDIs.
I have a new cell:604-401-2137

Hey there, tried your cell and gave you a PM a few days back - still available?

Looking for help on the mother in law's 06 TDI in yvr :)
-132K dsg fluid, fuel filter and oil change

N_J May 25th, 2015 14:00

Hi Tony,
I'm trying to get a hold of you too.
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aydn (Post 4810423)
Hey there, tried your cell and gave you a PM a few days back - still available?

Looking for help on the mother in law's 06 TDI in yvr :)
-132K dsg fluid, fuel filter and oil change

geodug June 3rd, 2015 13:27

Hey Tony,

I have called a few times but the recording says "not available". I hope you are OK but maybe you are still on vacation.

VW Petrolero June 11th, 2015 10:27

Sorry I was away in a small tour to visit the Wolfsburg Factory in Germany ,am available now.
Thanks
Tony

ZenT August 12th, 2015 11:20

Recent I took my 2003 Jetta TDI from California to Prince Rupert for a 6k miles loop in June. I was in Vancouver and called one of the contacts in this Forum for service. The contact was over booked and referred me to Rudy and Peter at 2nd and Main. Thomas at R & P did an excellent job for me. I just want to post my appreciation for a job well done and the extra mile Thomas walked to ensure me that I had no safety issue with my TDI.

DerekYVR December 8th, 2015 11:01

Trusted TDI Mechanics in the Vancouver area

does anyone have any feedback on the quality / reputation of Peter and Rudy's in Vancouver?

turbovan+tdi December 8th, 2015 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerekYVR (Post 4956452)
does anyone have any feedback on the quality / reputation of Peter and Rudy's in Vancouver?

See post 39. :rolleyes: ;)

rice rocketeer March 3rd, 2016 11:17

I just got my 02 Golf back from VND Motorsport in Surrey a few days ago. (border of Langley) They did a partial head rebuild, turbo, clutch, CV, injectors, nozzles, Malone stage 4 tune etc etc and everything else that goes with it. (very long list) Very satisfied! Car even came back to me with a detailed engine bay. Looked like the day I bought it in 2001! Shawn and Raymond kept me posted at all times of what's going on.

turbovan+tdi March 3rd, 2016 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by rice rocketeer (Post 5020141)
I just got my 02 Golf back from VND Motorsport in Surrey a few days ago. (border of Langley) They did a partial head rebuild, turbo, clutch, CV, injectors, nozzles, Malone stage 4 tune etc etc and everything else that goes with it. (very long list) Very satisfied! Car even came back to me with a detailed engine bay. Looked like the day I bought it in 2001! Shawn and Raymond kept me posted at all times of what's going on.

Yeah, he's ok, :rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

rice rocketeer March 3rd, 2016 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbovan+tdi (Post 5020188)
Yeah, he's ok, :rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

Well well... Look who it is... :D

turbovan+tdi March 3rd, 2016 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by rice rocketeer (Post 5020553)
Well well... Look who it is... :D

Crap, you found me, :(

Well dare I ask, who are you?