TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   West Coast Canada/USA (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Trusted TDI Mechanics/Shops in the Vancouver (GVRD) Area (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=364253)

TDI smile November 29th, 2013 05:17

I drive to IB Motors under the Oak Bridge in Vancouver.
www.ibmotors.ca

vanbcguy November 29th, 2013 05:56

Vancouver West Motors... The owner drives an ALH himself. They are located at the far south end of Fraser Street.
http://www.vancouverwestmotors.ca

Ed's TDI November 29th, 2013 15:46

Great to hear that eberg. It's nice that this list is actually of some use to people and that the shops listed are living up to the recommendations and expectations that have been set for them!

eberg November 29th, 2013 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed's TDI (Post 4367626)
Great to hear that eberg. It's nice that this list is actually of some use to people and that the shops listed are living up to the recommendations and expectations that have been set for them!

Yes, very useful. And I noticed when I parked my silve Jetta in front of JSP, that right next to me was another silver Jetta that greatly resembles the one in you signature! :D

Mean looking car with wheels that make the 17's on mine look small!;)

Ed's TDI November 29th, 2013 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by eberg (Post 4367634)
Yes, very useful. And I noticed when I parked my silve Jetta in front of JSP, that right next to me was another silver Jetta that greatly resembles the one in you signature! :D
Mean looking car with wheels that make the 17's on mine look small!;)

Yeah that's mine. She's patiently waiting for some new "toys" for under the hood. Unfortunately it's gonna be waiting for a while since my funds are all tied up with a new business I recently opened. I miss my car! :(

TrueNorthist December 13th, 2013 17:33

I'll give a thumbs up for JS Performance in Abby. Good mechanics and excellent service. Doesn't hurt that they are close to AVR too.

paascal March 17th, 2014 17:12

good shops around vernon revelstoke kelowna

hello, i just moved to bc, i was wondering if someone could guide me to a good shop around those areas?

i live in revelstoke right now

turbovan+tdi April 8th, 2014 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by paascal (Post 4473188)
hello, i just moved to bc, i was wondering if someone could guide me to a good shop around those areas?

i live in revelstoke right now

Where in BC? Its a big place, :p

Are you staying in Revelstoke and moving or ?

paascal April 8th, 2014 17:45

since nothing happens in revelstoke I assumed no tdi competent guy was out there ;)

I live In revy, but I go play in Vernon and Kelowna too...

turbovan+tdi April 9th, 2014 10:14

Lol!!!

paascal April 9th, 2014 10:19

Do you know where I can find shops in Kelowna vernon or revy?

turbovan+tdi April 9th, 2014 10:32

Unfortuneatly not, your going to have to dig around and ask questions to see if they know TDI's.

massivedynamics April 17th, 2014 18:16

I am looking to buy a 2002 Jetta TDI is it worth having a mechanic take a look at it. What should I be looking for when I buy it? How much do you think it would cost?

turbovan+tdi April 17th, 2014 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by massivedynamics (Post 4501652)
I am looking to buy a 2002 Jetta TDI is it worth having a mechanic take a look at it. What should I be looking for when I buy it? How much do you think it would cost?

Having it looked at first is a no brainer. I've done lots of pre inspections for customers and saved them buying total pieces of crap.

Look for worn brakes, tires, suspension IE bushings, tie rods etc. See if they will supply maintenance records, if not, assume it will need a timing belt done. Check how it drives-is it smooth? does it make boost? belch black smoke? If auto, how does it shift?

Ed's TDI April 23rd, 2014 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by paascal (Post 4494092)
Do you know where I can find shops in Kelowna vernon or revy?

So I asked my niece who lives in Kelowna and drives a B5 Audi A4 with 1.8T and she took her car to Auto West. She said they were decent but she was a little put off that there were a couple of issues that weren't fixed but she's unsure if they were due to the previous shop totally screwing her around and basically implying that she'd need a whole new engine. Long story short, she'd have to go back to them to see if they are actually any good. Kind of a half-assed recommendation but better than none I suppose.