coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Ericy, you could even hyperlink it in your signature to promote its use.
Done :D.

My only role in this is promoting the use of the thing. Since VW isn't really telling us much, and calling them seems to be a huge waste of time, we can track this ourselves and see the progress.

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
I'm number 498 on the spreadsheet. -_-
Documents received and under review.

-T.

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI
I got my offer and uploaded my response, but I didn't see how the SS tracked that. Seems like it stopped at "Documents Approved".

jholmgren

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I got my offer and uploaded my response, but I didn't see how the SS tracked that. Seems like it stopped at "Documents Approved".
The SS has a column for "Date Eligibility Verified" - you have to go back to the first tab of the sheet and update that column.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
"Documents approved" (correction, "Eligibility verified") is when you get the offer. It would probably be good for it to separately track when you return the docs, and when you're allowed to schedule a return date, but it doesn't do that at this point.

scottb8888

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
What's up with the lease customers?

BTW when I say Lease I mean through VW Credit.... should that be fixed?

JimNap

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SE
To clarify the mileage column - are you asking for forum users current mileage as of right now, or should we be inputting the mileage at the time the claim was first filed - the mileage for which VW knows and may be taking into consideration?

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
To clarify the mileage column - are you asking for forum users current mileage as of right now, or should we be inputting the mileage at the time the claim was first filed - the mileage for which VW knows and may be taking into consideration?
Honestly I don't know - I didn't set it up, so I don't know the intent. I would guess that the idea was that we wanted to know if any particular group of cars were getting processed sooner than others, so I would persnally say the mileage that was originally filed with VW.

Bigtuna00

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 BMW 330xi Sports Wagon
FWIW I find this thing almost useless without the ability to sort, especially as it gets bigger and bigger. But I know no one is getting paid to work on it :)

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
FWIW I find this thing almost useless without the ability to sort, especially as it gets bigger and bigger. But I know no one is getting paid to work on it :)
You can download the whole thing as an xlsd and then use Excel to sort it any way you want.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
Agreed. The two strong correlations I'm seeing right now are (1) people with the cars paid off are moving faster than people with financing, and (2) nothing's happening yet for post-9/18/15 buyers.

JMugmon

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Has anyone posted what the "Date Eligability Verified" email looks like? How to they provide guidance on next step/reserving buy back appointment?

JMugmon

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Thanks for putting the spreadsheet up!
It looks like the 10 day turnaround in between complete and verified is fiction.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Agreed. The two strong correlations I'm seeing right now are (1) people with the cars paid off are moving faster than people with financing, and (2) nothing's happening yet for post-9/18/15 buyers.
I paid mine off in August - in the hope that the simplified processing might make it go a little faster. It looks like that might have been a good move.

I am noticing that people with financing are starting to get their offers, but it is still a trickle.

I don't think there aren't enough post 9/18/15 cars to make much of a statement as of yet.

It sort of seems like the people who had their docs verified sooner are getting the offer letters sooner. It isn't 100%, but it sure seems like there is a strong correlation. They haven't processed any for the week of 10/27 - 11/2 for example. Most of the processing is on the two earlier weeks.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
Has anyone posted what the "Date Eligability Verified" email looks like?
When your eligibility is verified, you'll get an email saying that you have an offer available, and to log into the claims portal to download it.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
It looks like the 10 day turnaround in between complete and verified is fiction.
I think it's too early to say that. The clock didn't start running until 10/25 at the earliest, and possibly 11/1, depending on how you interpret the settlement docs. Even though they were doing some document processing before that, I wouldn't think that time should count.

phnixwxz

TDI
Golf
Would it be better to rename "Date Eligibility Verified" to "Date of Offer"? I received the offer email today, but I'm pretty sure that the the portal had been showing "eligibility verified" status for 1 or 2 weeks.

JMugmon

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Interesting how of the total 63 cars found eligible, 57 of them are Paid Off (non-financed) = 90%. Only 10% of the financed cars have processed even though the Paid Off group is only 42% of the group. Must be easier to deal with non-financed cars! unfair.

Last edited:

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Interesting how of the total 63 cars found eligible, 57 of them are Paid Off (non-financed) = 90%. Only 10% of the financed cars have processed even though the Paid Off group is only 42% of the group. Must be easier to deal with non-financed cars! unfair.
You aren't the first to make that observation. But the graphic from VW that shows the claims process shows an additional step for cars with liens - they need to contact the lender and get the payoff information. I don't know how long that actually takes, but it depends in part on how responsive your lender is.

A few days ago, there were no cars with liens that had an offer letter, so while the numbers seem minuscule, there is at least progress.

jtitocci

TDI
2013 Jetta TDi
Has anyone wondered if there is any correlation between when you ORIGINALLY signed up for your claim to where we are now?

I only ask, because I had my documents approved on 10/15, and although another person, has the exact same submittal, and approval date, they are already at the turn in date, and I'm still waiting for my "offer".

BUT, I'm wondering, because I did have an issue with the document submission, which required me to start over and file a NEW claim on 9/24, because their portal took a dump while I was uploading my documents.

Wonder if there is any correlation to the original claim date? Anyone interested in adding this line in?

Just to clarify my statement above: I originally submitted my claim on 7/27, created my profile, etc etc. Then on 9/22 I tried to upload documents, and the portal crapped out. After a few days of back and forth with VW people, I was forced to file a new claim, with a new email, on 9/24, and start over. I wonder if this has any impact on dates.

Last edited:

DrgRnnr

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
I've been fooling with a copy of the spreadsheet and aggregated a couple numbers. The total claimed mileage is just over 44 million! Average vehicle is a 2012, 5 years old @ 71000 miles. That means the average driver is at 14200/year (1183/month) or just over the allotted monthly number VW has set. Just thought I would share.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Would it be better to rename "Date Eligibility Verified" to "Date of Offer"? I received the offer email today, but I'm pretty sure that the the portal had been showing "eligibility verified" status for 1 or 2 weeks.
Perhaps. UncrunchyTaco seems to own the thing - I have no more permissions to change stuff at this level than anyone else (and it isn't even clear that this person spends any time on these forums). I don't even know with certainty how one contacts him, but there is a "Comments" button in the upper right where you can post suggestions, and it seems that he does respond. So that's probably your best bet for suggestions.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
I've been fooling with a copy of the spreadsheet and aggregated a couple numbers. The total claimed mileage is just over 44 million! Average vehicle is a 2012, 5 years old @ 71000 miles. That means the average driver is at 14200/year (1183/month) or just over the allotted monthly number VW has set. Just thought I would share.
That might have been a nice data point for 18 Oct, but now it's just an 'oh well'. Maybe the 3.0 liter folks can use it.

Dr. D

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
I suggest a column be added titled "date accepted on letter" as in my case there was a 5 day lag before they "accepted" and released their offer.

mstnggt

TDI
2012 VW Passat
Financially it makes sense for them to save the VW Credit cars until last since they are still collecting interest on us!!! Pisses me off. :mad:

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
Interest rates are low enough that, whatever they're collecting, it isn't very much. And the timelines are short enough that, as long as they comply with them (which they haven't failed to do, so far, as the FTC's counting), they aren't going to be able to give much of a disadvantage to VW-financed cars anyway. Notice that they aren't processing privately-financed cars any faster.