TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   VW Touareg TDIs (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   buy back for Gen 1 TDIs? (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=480807)

showdown 42 August 19th, 2017 05:14

buy back for Gen 1 TDIs?
 
Has anyone sold back their TREG Gen 1? What was the deal ,how much restsitution did they pay? I haven't been able to get any info. Is this still up in the air?

Yeti35 August 19th, 2017 20:51

Check out the thread on Club Touareg. All sorts of info on there and yes there have been a few on that forum who sold theirs back. I am awaiting the fix and money to keep it.

showdown 42 August 20th, 2017 15:15

Thx Yetti35, I will go there.

showdown 42 August 26th, 2017 04:23

I am now signed up for the fix,when ever that will happen. Restitution is suppose to be 10K with my mileage level.

scrubber August 27th, 2017 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by showdown 42 (Post 5320611)
I am now signed up for the fix,when ever that will happen. Restitution is suppose to be 10K with my mileage level.

8/25/17 was some sort of goal date for VW. They were expected to have a gen. 1 modification submitted by then. I've heard nothing.

earlthepearl August 31st, 2017 11:45

SOLD! The wife's Touareg had 250,000+ miles when we sold it back to VW. Payout was just a little above $18,000. We did a trade and picked up a 2018 Tiguan SE. It's a nice vehicle, but in the wife's words, "it's not a Touareg".:( Perhaps we should have opted for the SEL to get some luxury features she had grown used to. Couldn't see putting down $60 K for a Touareg gasser.

kjclow August 31st, 2017 12:01

Just to rub salt in the wound... A friend of mine just picked up a 15 Q7 TDi with around 10k on it. Paid around $50 and got around $18k for his Acura MDX, so ~$32 plus tax, tag, crap...

showdown 42 September 8th, 2017 08:11

I signed up for the fix,will get 10,500 after fix. Now the waiting game begins. Time will tell when or if they fix these cars. Mine only has 52k miles,so it is basically new.

NoobyT September 9th, 2017 07:34

Ten grand back in the bank is tempting but WAIT until you hear how others get on with the fix [if it ever comes!].

There are a lot of complaints about the 2.0 Tdi fix, especially those with auto boxes where the so-called fix beggars up the gear changes and low speed cruising with more diesel noise and poorer fuel consumption to add insult to injury.

showdown 42 September 11th, 2017 03:59

VW sent a message that they will contact me when the fix is available. I'm not in any hurry. I still can't find anything i want to replace it with like the VW Treg TDI. As far as the fix goes, reports on the gen 2 seems ok so far. I may try to buy a 2016 TDI,if things work out.

scrubber September 13th, 2017 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by showdown 42 (Post 5326204)
VW sent a message that they will contact me when the fix is available. I'm not in any hurry. I still can't find anything i want to replace it with like the VW Treg TDI.

my thoughts exactly. The more I look for a replacement vehicle, the more I realize how great the Touareg is. I'm even contemplating the "opt out/do nothing" position if a partial fix isn't approved.

ECFG September 16th, 2017 11:40

I just talked with VW yesterday inquiring about the timeline on the software fix. The gal I spoke with was very upfront and she stated VW is having a hard time getting the EPA/CARB to accept VW's fix for the Gen 1 Touareg's. She stated that the decision will be made in November. She also told me that IF the software fix is not accepted, then one will have to go to the buy back / trade - in / or do nothing options.

psd1 September 18th, 2017 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECFG (Post 5328171)
I just talked with VW yesterday inquiring about the timeline on the software fix. The gal I spoke with was very upfront and she stated VW is having a hard time getting the EPA/CARB to accept VW's fix for the Gen 1 Touareg's. She stated that the decision will be made in November. She also told me that IF the software fix is not accepted, then one will have to go to the buy back / trade - in / or do nothing options.

My guess is because they are resolved to the fact that it cannot be repaired properly. Why else would they have initially opened up the buyback without a waiting period like they have for the Gen II?

TIG September 20th, 2017 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by psd1 (Post 5328724)
My guess is because they are resolved to the fact that it cannot be repaired properly. Why else would they have initially opened up the buyback without a waiting period like they have for the Gen II?

It's all in the documents filed with the EPA and CARB - You guys should really read this stuff. Right out of the blocks, VW was clear that they could not bring the Gen 1 3.0L up to actual requirements that they were certified to(Tier 1 Bin 5). They said they could for Gen 2. There was no buy back for gen 2s because they thought they could meet the requirement (and they did). They were compelled to offer a buy back on anything that they cannot bring up to the level they were certified at.

EPA signed off many months ago on them modifying gen 1.1s (2009-2010) to tier 1 bin 7 and 1.2 (2011-2012) to tier 1 bin 6 (with a cash payout to compensate for the owners getting sold something that was not as advertised). There is also a buy back option since technically your LEV isn't so LEV anymore.

With the announcement of a Gen 1 2.0 TDI fix (with no urea) I am confident that the fix on the gen 1 3.0 will be an increase in DEF usage, different programming and an extended warranty on all of the emissions equip.

Read the govt docs, not the internet!

Edit - And don't believe a word VW customer service tells you!

showdown 42 September 22nd, 2017 08:37

TIG. I would love to read up on the EPA and carb docs,How and where is it found ? Thanks in advance.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017

Page generated in 0.07133 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.47 Kb. compressed to 15.66 Kb. by saving 0.81 Kb. (4.93%)]