Need help please blue smoke

Greg1289

TDI
Seat Leon fr 170
Ok where do i start I’m quite new to the forum so by saying hello all
And I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right place

Iv had my seat Leon mk2 fr 2.0 tdi bmn engine code for a few year now and been modifying as the year have gone by. So basically I’m running a 2260vk turbo with a few other bit n bobs. After fitting the turbo and finally getting the clutch right I was hoping to get the final map done my narrco when the car started smoking. When I mean smoking, blue smoke when the car got up to temp and a longish drive and say you stopped for fuel and come to restart the car it will fill the forecourt with blue smoke but would clear. If the Car is cold or even been standing the smoke is minaul normal start up smoke. Anyway narrco sed they wouldnt map it until it’s sorted. Cut a long story sort the engine was rebuilt and after running the engine in it seems like the problem is still there or come back

I’m just wondering or hoping someone if anyone has any ideas or even had this problem

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
Blue smoke is oil being burning. Is this a new or used turbo? Check your oil level. Pull the hose at the intercooler and check for oil there. When the engine was rebuilt, what was done to the heads? Were valve guides changed?

Greg1289

TDI
Seat Leon fr 170
Everything is brand new inside the engine apart from pistons. Iv had a recon head as the last one had cracks with new valve stem seals when they fitted the uprated valve springs. The reason I rebuilt the engine was when I removed the turbo there was oil on top of the exhaust valve on cylinder two. Which was tell me valve stem seal. Il do the checks you mentioned tomorrow

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Who done The turbo ? I have seen a few rebuilt gtb2260vk turbos that we’re smoking blue due to poorly routed turbo oil drain pipes or misadjusted vnt levers...narco is doing well not to tune your motor - it could blow on the rollers !

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Everything is brand new inside the engine apart from pistons.
Measured piston/wall clearances and ring end gaps?

It's still likely the head from your description of mainly smoking on a hot start
easy enough to cut a stem seal while installing