Mk6 Turbo upgrade

theone2043

TDI
2014 jetta looking to upgrade the turbo. Current mods are rawtek dpf delete, cpf 3 fuel pump, and custom tuned. Was looking at the cr170 or the Xman hybrid cr170. Anyone have another suggestion or experience with the hybrid?

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
Aleks Mortensen has an X-man hybrid. I can connect you if you pm me some contact info.

GEE-BEE

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 AAZ
Mk6

I was one fence on this one
I decided Malone stage 4
Cp3
Rawtek DP
Ceramic coated dp and manifold
S&B airbox assy
The Malone was simple install
Silicone ducts and oil return perfect
Build as follows
Mid pipe rear Gti muffler delete 2.5 from u.k.
Rear is Golf R muffler from Poland
Front and rear bumpers Golf R
Brakes
Golf R new take offs
Ecs floating rotors
Mk6 recaro cs seats from Europe , alacantra
Red painted seat backs
German mk6 fabric
Rear seat was finished to match
Golf R door panels , new takeouts
Dash Alacantra black with Red stitch
Polo R upper dash cluster Pod
Alpine golf 6 stereo 9” display , Japan
Sema Build 2020

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
^What were the power specs/how has this build held up?
With stock injectors and cp3. I think it's around 260hp and 415. I would have to ask Malone directly. I could be way off. With injectors is about the limit of the trans. And stock internals. Only problem I've had is oil drain. But I'm in a cold climate and Malone is looking into it.

Last edited:

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Wow that's really awesome. How many miles put on with that power?
I've put on about 5k on. But will rack up fast when I go back to work. With the 2260 and stock fuel system. It's around 230 and 350 I think. I have the cp3 just need injectors. My rail pressure drops at high rpm so this turbo is max.

I thought my stage 2 was fun. The o2e is about the strongest dsg vw has made for the 4cyl. If it's raining I have no traction. Turbo is set to spool around 2200 to save the driveline and rods. Launch control is quite violent.

Last edited:

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
But on stage 2, I put on 50k or so. Max speed on my jsw was 136mph. Ran out of turbo. With stage 4, I'll redline it. So 145, maybe 150. It's smooth at those speeds. But has to be a very good road. One wrong bounce.......... Anyway. What you planning?
3400 for 2260 kit.
800 tune.
400 trans tune.
200 for flashzilla.
1500 for custom exhaust..
900 for cp3 kit
1600 for injectors (need still)
Few ods and ends.
That's about 9k....
I have to get the injectors still.
Yeah it's hard to believe I've spent that much on a car currently worth 8k.... Whoops.

Last edited:

lemoncurd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 CJAA GTB2266
With stock injectors and cp3. I think it's around 260hp and 415. I would have to ask Malone directly. I could be way off. With injectors is about the limit of the trans. And stock internals. Only problem I've had is oil drain. But I'm in a cold climate and Malone is looking into it.
Care to elaborate about the oil drain problems?
Are they something to worry about?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Care to elaborate about the oil drain problems?
Are they something to worry about?
The oil doesn't like to drain at -20f, which was made worse from my catchcan not flowing. They are already looking into a larger drain. I believe it's from the AN adapters.
Taking the brass filter out of my catch can seems to have helped 90%. They also advised to use a silicone oilpan heater until they update.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Disagree......
I believe his suggestion was for the OP, who was considering the CR170 upgrade......
So the GTD1756VRK would be better tech, fast spool and response, and capable of flowing 240hp or so.
If op isn't planning on ever upgrading injectors, it's the way to go. Yes, the cr engines are expensive to modify.