TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2013 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Thanks for a great weekend! (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=394628)

87homebuilttdi September 7th, 2013 08:33

Thanks for a great weekend!

Writing to say that I am very glad to have decided to drive to Maine. Normally I would have elected to skip such an event, but Dave Oh talked me into it. I had numerous little bugs with the vehicle that caused me to hesitate but I resolved them and went out for a 60 mile drive with no problem. After that, all that was left was to register!
What a great job by all, you people really went out of your way to make it a fun, educational, and social event. I realize that you must have spent months getting it right.
Finally putting a face to the names on the club was great, as my imagination does this for me with usually very different results!
Blasted home in my street legal go-cart with no problems and even cruised with BKMETZ (I think it was him...) for the last hour, to bad I didn't have his phone number as he could have had a place to stay for the night!
Thank you for a great time.
Cam

TDIMeister September 7th, 2013 09:22

Awesome Cam, glad you could have made it. Your coming made my weekend. My tent is drying and airing in the back yard now. :D

87homebuilttdi September 7th, 2013 15:59

I forgot to ask people this last weekend, but I am wondering if anybody knows of any job opportunities in the automotive research and prototyping area, as of this moment I am unemployed and trying to correct the situation with something interesting and rewarding.
Cam

TooRoundTDI September 7th, 2013 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87homebuilttdi (Post 4291447)
I forgot to ask people this last weekend, but I am wondering if anybody knows of any job opportunities in the automotive research and prototyping area, as of this moment I am unemployed and trying to correct the situation with something interesting and rewarding.
Cam

I hope something comes up for you because you would be a huge asset to any engineering company that would hire you, no joke! I was blown away by your build presentations at fest.

VeeDubTDI September 7th, 2013 19:27

Cam,

Thanks for making the trip! It was great to meet you and see your really unique creation... Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to see your build presentation, but I know a lot of people really enjoyed it.

Hope to see you again soon, and good luck with the job hunt! :)

-Lawson

fursty September 9th, 2013 09:57

Cam, What is your background in? I will keep you in mind if something comes up here at Delphi in Henrietta.

87homebuilttdi September 9th, 2013 16:06

Fursty,
Thank you, I would like to go there and check it out. Maybe talk to somebody...Could you pm me?