Jetta body style change?

JonS

Hey,

I've been a fan of TDI's for a few years now and periodically visit TDIClub to see what's going on. I currently drive a Supra Turbo that is heavily modified. I am a big fan of the potential of forced induction...

Anyhow, I am thinking about purchasing an '04 Jetta TDI, but was wondering when they there will be a major body overhaul. There were some slight design modifications from '03 to '04, but still nothing major. It looks like the Passat will have significant design changes in '05, which is what prompted me to ask this question.

Thanks!

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS, '03 Wagon GL
If history is any indicator, I s'pose you'll see the new A5 Jetta sometime around MY 2006.5 or so. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
You'll see it next summer. Surf some European sites, they have some photos.

GotDiesel?

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
I just saw a '04 and there's more chrome and a built-in rear trunk lid spoiler. Different tail lights too.

I haven't seen the next gen Jetta pix yet. The A5 Golf looks significantly different. I imagine the Jetta will too.

But it won't be here until next year this time at the earliest.

www.vwvortex.com tends to have this kind of news as early or earlier than just about anywhere else.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
If the trunk isn't a huge deal to you, I think the MK V Golfs are either in select locations or will be coming soon from what I have heard. (please correct me if I am wrong) Not surprising for the Passat to get the newer styling first, though.

Otherwise I would imagime that the cars should be here some time by 2005.

In the meantime, you can trade your car with mine. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Not that I don't love my diesel, but a heavily modified Supra must have a nice feel to it. I love the last gen body (sorry, don't know the model type) but coincidentally the one used in the Fast and the Furious.

What I wouldn't do to get a heavily modded Nissan Skyline in my hands. (okay...sorry...waaaaay off-topic)

JonS

Yeah, having a modded Supra is definitely fun, but expensive. I will be relocating to New Jersey next year, and a 700RWHP TWD w/ 315's on the rear probably won't handle the snow all that well. Though it would be a ton of fun to drift around on ice /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Furthermore, while the car is relatively reliable, it isn't "always" reliable. Aftermarket turbos sometimes leak oil, every once and a while you have to change out a seal, I have to change the coolant a little more frequently, the clutch tends to wear a little more quickly, etc.. The threat of not being able to make it to work outweighs whatever fun I have with the car otherwise.

It’s sad that I am looking to get this car the year before a major model change /images/graemlins/frown.gif. Perhaps I can work something out…

I wasn't able to find any pictures of the new model, does anyone have any on hand?

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Lease one. Get it for 2 years. No issues with value on the turn in.

kande

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI, Platinum Grey
there are really only minor changes, personally i hate the 04, i think the added chrome on the sides/grille look doofy... also the back lid of the trunk is curved out a bit... the tails are also different, i definatly approve of them /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tdibigd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE w/DSG, black on black
I agree with the chrome trim statement. It certainly wouldn't prevent me from buying one, but [inventing word here] "cheapifies" the looks of the car in my opinion.