Platteville,WI April 2012 Dyno Day

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
** CANCELLED **

See post #40

Official Date for Platteville Dyno Day is April 21st, 2012.

Info
Where: The dyno is located in the new Engineering building. It's #25 on the map http://www.uwplatt.edu/contact/images/Campus_Map.jpg
When: April 21st, 2012 Starting at 10am-9pm
Cost: $30 for 3 runs

Make sure your car is in good working order, since any catastrophic failure will ruin your day and probably make a mess on the dyno. Not say things can't happen, but lets try and prevent any issues.

For those interested to come and check it out for the day you are more than welcome to come and meet some of the other members, chat it up, check out the cars, etc.

Well sincence we never seem to have an issue with to many cars for the time frame, I've decided a sign up sheet isn't really necessary.Also if you have any friends that have something other a TDI, tell them to feel free to bring it to the dyno day.

The dyno that is being used. http://www.mustangdyne.com/mustangdyne/products/chassis-dynamometers/2wd/?prod=MD-250+Series

If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Last edited:

nic_a_bod

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
I was hoping you were doing another one this year since I missed out on it last year. I really been wanting to see the difference from before the chip and after on paper.

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
I'm in for either date - definately want to see how the new setup runs.

Hopefully I get all the bugs ironed out by then.

I could spend most of the day on the dyno, but could probably get done what I'd like to in two seperate hook up's and doing some quick part swaps between pulls. If there is a full schedule I'll keep it down to one hook though to make sure everyone else a run.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
I was hoping you were doing another one this year since I missed out on it last year. I really been wanting to see the difference from before the chip and after on paper.
Glad you can make it this year:)

I'm in for either date - definately want to see how the new setup runs.

Hopefully I get all the bugs ironed out by then.

I could spend most of the day on the dyno, but could probably get done what I'd like to in two seperate hook up's and doing some quick part swaps between pulls. If there is a full schedule I'll keep it down to one hook though to make sure everyone else a run.
Yeah, hopefully you have all the kinks worked out by then and ready to roar:D

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
i am out of excuses either date looks good right now. interested to get my car on the dyno either in the current condition or with nozzles calibrated for full potential.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
i am out of excuses either date looks good right now. interested to get my car on the dyno either in the current condition or with nozzles calibrated for full potential.

Glad you are able to finally make it. Can't wait to check out your car.

I think I need to pester my friends again:D

PoochiePD

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Tempest Blue Jetta
I'll take a spot. I've been really curious for awhile now as to what I've been putting down. Just need to hold it together until then haha.

And if there are spots left, I have a couple friends with a built WRX and a compound turbo'd Cummins who are also curious with what they're putting down. That's only if the spots are not filled up with TDI'rs. Is that cool?

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
Lets go for the 21st. It's my birth day. I'd try to make either day though. The car is running stronger than last year but I've developed another problem. It sometimes misses or runs a little ragged under heavy throttle (2/3 or more).

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll take a spot. I've been really curious for awhile now as to what I've been putting down. Just need to hold it together until then haha.

And if there are spots left, I have a couple friends with a built WRX and a compound turbo'd Cummins who are also curious with what they're putting down. That's only if the spots are not filled up with TDI'rs. Is that cool?
Sadly it's only a 2wd dyno so I don't think that is going to work:( I would really like to see a built WRX run. Your friend with the Cummins shouldn't be a problem as long as it isn't a dually, so he's more than welcome or anyone else, since there always seems to be plenty of time.

Lets go for the 21st. It's my birth day. I'd try to make either day though. The car is running stronger than last year but I've developed another problem. It sometimes misses or runs a little ragged under heavy throttle (2/3 or more).
Hopefully I'll hear back from my friends pretty soon with a confirmation. It would be great to see your car run, since I know you were having some issues last time and hopefully you can sort out the current issue you're having.

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
with all the big boys coming out i better stop dicking around and get my injectors pulled....who's going to lay down the biggest #'s?

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
with all the big boys coming out i better stop dicking around and get my injectors pulled....who's going to lay down the biggest #'s?
Yeah, it should be interesting this year. I'm hoping to bring my car this year, but I doubt I'll have the biggest numbers:D

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
What a great birthday present for me! By the way Eric, I think I've got the rough running fixed. Has the dyno been calibrated since last year?

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
What a great birthday present for me! By the way Eric, I think I've got the rough running fixed. Has the dyno been calibrated since last year?

We'll have to figure a way to get a birthday cake. Glad you got the issue resolved. What was it?

I brought it up to them about getting the dyno calibrated before the dyno day and they were going hopefully get taken care of.

Kevinski4

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Would anybody be against me bringing my F250 down? I'm curious how close to the 800ft lb mark it is.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
My 1 micron Nicktane fuel filter was clogging with what appeared to be algae. I have a 2 mic CAT filter in now.
hmm, interesting. I thought about upgrading to a nicktane filter setup, but after hearing about your issue has me a little concerned.:(

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Kriesel and I will be making the trek down. If we're brave maybe we'll take the cummins powered jeep, otherwise it'll likely be my Jetta.
It will be nic to meet some of the big dog WI guys. :)

Last edited:

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
hmm, interesting. I thought about upgrading to a nicktane filter setup, but after hearing about your issue has me a little concerned.:(
It's not the fault of the filter. In fact, I'm glad it was there to keep all the sludge out of the motor. The problem was the sludge & how ever it got into or grew in my tank.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Kriesel and I will be making the trek down. If we're brave maybe we'll take the cummins powered jeep, otherwise it'll likely be my Jetta.
It will be nic to meet some of the big dog WI guys. :)
It will be nice to meet some of the MN members.

Man, that's a haul just to dyno...that's really the most central local for everyone?
The SAE guys usually have a cookout going on during the dyno day, so it's a non working gtg in a sense and you can checkout some of projects the SAE guys have going on.

It's 4 hours for me to get down to Platteville;)

It's not the fault of the filter. In fact, I'm glad it was there to keep all the sludge out of the motor. The problem was the sludge & how ever it got into or grew in my tank.
That makes more sense now. Is there a reason you went with the 2 micron CAT filter instead of going with another 1 micron Nicktane filter?

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
That makes more sense now. Is there a reason you went with the 2 micron CAT filter instead of going with another 1 micron Nicktane filter?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's 1/2 the price & I was concerned that there may be more algae sludge in the tank so I thought the CAT would make a more economical unit to run for a short time.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Man, that's a haul just to dyno...that's really the most central local for everyone?
Well it is all about hanging out or seeing how much your car is actually putting out for hp and torque. 6 hours is not much for a GTG IMHO.

Of course Jon wants me to come and put T4's in my car and see if I can hit 180 hp. :)

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
your girly 10mm pump won't get you to 180hp ;)
160-170, more likely.

We'll see if I get any of my new mods installed and maybe I'll go.

bigolac

TDI
99 Beetle
My wife was a waitress at steves for a couple of years when we were in college. Nothing like a gyro or pie to settle your gut after over indulging at second street, eh?

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
well i did a # on my car today and needless to say depending on how quick i can find the parts my car is out of commission. it wouldn't be as bad if i didn't travel for work i'll have limited time to wrench. hoping to have it back on the road for this t minus 2 weeks to git er fixed.