Exhaust manifold gasket leak

Dieseldude149

TDI
2000 vw golf
Hey guys! My 00 vw golf tdi. Has 143k miles, it's an automatic transmission [emoji2958]. Anyway, bought the car at a tow yard for $800 and got her home. This Is car #60. My 5th diesel vehicle and have done some wild stuff in my years of wrenching. So far I replaced battery, diesel filter, engine oil, filter, trans fluid n filter. I replaced glow plug relay, cabin air, engine air filter, new MAF and cleaned as many grounds and connections I could put my hands on. Car ran great one night doing 80 mph down the road but noticed a exhaust leak from back of engine with noticeable noise and smoke. I paid $80 and took to a great shop to get it looked at as I have been working 6 days a week. Guy said hey man your car is ****ed... your exhaust manifold gasket is bad, your injection pump is going out and you need egr gasket. So I'm debating about pulling engine and transmission to do 5 speed swap and modify exhaust with something more performance and properly do a injection pump and bigger injectors? Any insight and good websites to research. This is a toy / possible car to sell later.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk