TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   TDIFest 2015 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   TDIFest 2015 Registration is LIVE! (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=442809)

VeeDubTDI June 25th, 2015 19:47

TDIFest 2015 Registration is LIVE!

We are pleased to announce that registration for TDIFest 2015 is now open!

For any and all TDIFest information, please visit http://wiki.tdifest.com

To register for TDIFest 2015, please follow the instructions here: http://www.tdiclub.com/store/contributions.html

To manage your TDIClub subcription, you may click on the subscription manager in your user control panel.

To manage your TDIFest event registration, you my do so at https://events.tdiclub.com and log in with your TDIClub username and password.

BONUS! Users who register in July will receive bonus raffle tickets to get the party started. Users who register in June will receive twice as many bonus raffle tickets. By registering before the end of July, you will also receive a complimentary TDIFest t-shirt (nominal upsize charges may apply).

Once you've registered for the event, be sure to book your hotel room. More information can be found in this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=441310

What are you waiting for? Let's get started. :)

mishkaya June 25th, 2015 20:00

Finally!!! :D

meerschm June 26th, 2015 03:11

Any actions required to see earlier contributions reflected?

MonsterTDI09 June 26th, 2015 05:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerschm (Post 4831705)

Mike check your subscription status.

I'm now sure how Fred is hanging earlier donation.

MonsterTDI09 June 26th, 2015 05:47

TDIFest 2015 Registration

The Monsters are register. Arriving Thursday staying to Monday. I can't wait for the big weekend. See you all there.

meerschm June 26th, 2015 06:22

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...41&postcount=1

"All contributions to TDIClub made beginning January 2015 will be applied once the new software is in place."

From Fred's initial announcement.

VeeDubTDI June 26th, 2015 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerschm (Post 4831705)

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerschm (Post 4831785)
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...41&postcount=1

"All contributions to TDIClub made beginning January 2015 will be applied once the new software is in place."

From Fred's initial announcement.

Fred is out of town at the moment. When he returns home, he will manually update the system to reflect any payments made prior to the changeover.

meerschm June 26th, 2015 13:21

Thanks,

any info on the site software update? I still get a "you have too much posted" message when I try to upload a photo.

CNGVW June 26th, 2015 18:50

Where is the information on vendor space and cost??

VeeDubTDI June 26th, 2015 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNGVW (Post 4832277)
Where is the information on vendor space and cost??

Hi Bob,

More vendor information will be provided soon, including information about tent rentals, tables, and chairs for your booth.

We will be contacting all vendors about TDIFest interest in the coming weeks, initially by email, and then with a follow up phone.

For the time being, you may register for Fest normally. There will be a question about "vendor interest" towards the end of the registration form. If you select yes, that will let us know that you'd like more information.

john.jackson9213 June 26th, 2015 20:22

VeeDubTDI,

I for one, am very happy to see Registration is now on line!!!!

paramedick June 27th, 2015 11:26

Cheryl and I are registered

VeeDubTDI June 27th, 2015 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by paramedick (Post 4832600)
Cheryl and I are registered

That's great news! I'm glad you were able to get the time off again this year. :cool:

PeterV June 29th, 2015 15:40

The V's are in.

Torque_Delight June 30th, 2015 15:18

Here we go !

My girlfriend just got her passport today and now we are officially registered !

That will be fun, last Fest was in 2012...

mrvermin June 30th, 2015 18:53

OK, officially registered for the Club and TDIFest :-)

Just an FYI for the TDIFest Registration, when it comes to Dietary needs, you don't have Kosher as an option.

MrVermin

AARodriguez Corp. July 5th, 2015 10:23

See you guys there, all registered!

1854sailor July 5th, 2015 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvermin (Post 4834784)
...you don't have Kosher as an option...

Where can we find some kosher bratwurst for MrVermin?? :D

mrvermin July 8th, 2015 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1854sailor (Post 4837488)
Where can we find some kosher bratwurst for MrVermin?? :D

Turkey Bacon.... yum..... :D

MrVermin

1854sailor July 8th, 2015 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvermin (Post 4839802)
Turkey Bacon.... yum..... :D

MrVermin

Pig=bacon, NOT Turkey!

mrvermin July 8th, 2015 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1854sailor (Post 4839943)
Pig=bacon, NOT Turkey!

:p http://www.butterball.com/products/turkey-bacon :p

MrVermin

Bick_Tdi July 11th, 2015 16:53

Going to register right now!

VeeDubTDI July 11th, 2015 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bick_Tdi (Post 4841506)
Going to register right now!

Cool! Welcome to the club. :)

romad July 12th, 2015 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvermin (Post 4839955)

They can mis-use the word "bacon" all they want but it is not real bacon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_bacon

VeeDubTDI July 12th, 2015 10:10

Fest, guys. Not bacon. Although there will be bacon at Fest. ;)

1854sailor July 12th, 2015 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4841855)

...AND Bratwurst! :D

romad July 12th, 2015 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1854sailor (Post 4842022)

mit Senf?

romad July 12th, 2015 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4841855)

Kein Speck? :(

VeeDubTDI July 12th, 2015 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1854sailor (Post 4842022)

That's the meal I'm most looking forward to. :D

romad July 12th, 2015 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4842048)
That's the meal I'm most looking forward to. :D

If there is a Trader Joe's in NVA, they carry fantastic Nürnberger bratwurst in their refrigerated section. It is labeled as "Bavarian Bratwurst" on the packaging.

1854sailor July 15th, 2015 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by romad (Post 4842034)
mit Senf?

Ja, und mit sauerkraut!

romad July 15th, 2015 16:30

OT.

One of my favorite things when I was stationed in Nürnberg was stopping at a corner in the Alt Stadt and having 2 bratwurst on a Brötchen with mustard; it was especially good in the winter!

meerschm July 15th, 2015 17:07

not only are there a few Trader Joe's, but close by, the real deal.

http://www.germangourmet.com/shopdis...east=&without=

but they look at you funny if you talk TDI at the meat counter.

mrvermin July 15th, 2015 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerschm (Post 4844182)

If we pick up some of this, can we have a camp fire Brat party? :cool::D

MrVermin

paramedick July 23rd, 2015 15:32

Regrets.....

Cheryl and I have discussed this extensively........
We both are facing some health issues, both new and chronic. While we will miss you all madly, we just cannot face the twenty hour drive. We also feel it is better to stay closer to home while we work with our MDs to stabilize our conditions.

Good news. I'm a TDIClub member. I've already met my commitment to help purchase the fest pins, along with the V's and Tom. I've got rafflle/auction items to send y'all, just tell me where.

Y'all can keep the banquet payment. Consider it postage to send me the goodie bag with the T shirts. :). If only I can get someone to stuff it with vendor goodies....;)

Good lunch to the new auctioneer and huckster!

Bruce and Cheryl

1854sailor July 23rd, 2015 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by paramedick (Post 4849922)
We both are facing some health issues, both new and chronic. While we will miss you all madly, we just cannot face the twenty hour drive. We also feel it is better to stay closer to home while we work with our MDs to stabilize our conditions.

Good news. I'm a TDIClub member. I've already met my commitment to help purchase the fest pins, along with the V's and Tom. I've got rafflle/auction items to send y'all, just tell me where.

Y'all can keep the banquet payment. Consider it postage to send me the goodie bag with the T shirts. :). If only I can get someone to stuff it with vendor goodies....;)

Bruce and Cheryl

You will be missed! :(

VeeDubTDI July 24th, 2015 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by paramedick (Post 4849922)

Bruce and Cheryl

Bruce,

That is most unfortunate news! I hope you and Cheryl take it easy and find yourselves in good health again soon. I'll make a post reaching out for an auctioneer - we have some big shoes to fill!

-Lawson

VeeDubTDI July 24th, 2015 09:47

Greetings everyone!

Just a reminder that we have one week left in July. This means that you have one week left to take advantage of our bonus raffle ticket offer by registering before August 1st.

The next deadline following that is August 9th, which is the free t-shirt cutoff. Anyone registering for TDIFest by the end of the day on August 9th will get a free TDIFest t-shirt with their order. :)

Register here: http://events.tdiclub.com

cfc1016 July 24th, 2015 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerschm (Post 4844182)

don't forget...

https://www.heidelbergbakery.com/

VeeDubTDI July 25th, 2015 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfc1016 (Post 4850778)

I love that place! :cool:

vwUMO July 26th, 2015 18:04

Finally, one in my home town! I am happy to give local tours and hook anyone up with the non-tourista places to see and eat at if interested!

VeeDubTDI July 26th, 2015 18:51

TDIFest 2015 Registration is LIVE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwUMO (Post 4851768)
Finally, one in my home town! I am happy to give local tours and hook anyone up with the non-tourista places to see and eat at if interested!

That's cool! You should start a thread with some top tips. :)

I would like to spend part of a day driving around some back mountain roads, preferably of the unpaved variety.

vwUMO July 26th, 2015 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4851805)

I would like to spend part of a day driving around some back mountain roads, preferably of the unpaved variety.

I can take on on the track of the NE forest rally... Doesn't get any better than that! You have a skid plate?!? :) I'll start a thread momentarily!

VeeDubTDI July 26th, 2015 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwUMO (Post 4851816)
I can take on on the track of the NE forest rally... Doesn't get any better than that! You have a skid plate?!? :) I'll start a thread momentarily!

I have a Touareg. Does that count? The Passat has a skid plate, but it is staying home this year (unless the Touareg decides that it needs maintenance... You never know :o).

vwUMO July 26th, 2015 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4851860)
I have a Touareg. Does that count? The Passat has a skid plate, but it is staying home this year (unless the Touareg decides that it needs maintenance... You never know :o).

Haha! You'll be fine with that beast. 100's of miles of logging roads to show you! I just posted a couple on-road routes for folks as well that are on my favorites list.

1854sailor July 30th, 2015 07:46

Registered!

VeeDubTDI July 30th, 2015 08:10

Reminder:

Tomorrow (July 31st) is the last day of the early bird raffle ticket bonus! If you sign up before midnight EDT tomorrow, you will receive bonus raffle tickets when you check in at TDIFest. :cool:

Abacus July 30th, 2015 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwUMO (Post 4851867)
Haha! You'll be fine with that beast. 100's of miles of logging roads to show you! I just posted a couple on-road routes for folks as well that are on my favorites list.

Pffft, the logging roads are often in better shape than the 'paved' roads.

Anyone bringing a bicycle to ride on occasion?

cfc1016 July 30th, 2015 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4851805)

Seconded

cfc1016 July 30th, 2015 12:16

I'm registered. Looking forward to it.

Lug_Nut July 30th, 2015 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abacus (Post 4853742)
Anyone bringing a bicycle to ride on occasion?

Yes, but which one....

Abacus July 30th, 2015 20:12

For me it's either the road bike or the fat bike.

babelfish42 July 31st, 2015 10:39

can I pa at the door?

soooo can I pay at the door? I'm not part of any garage or anything?
also, how much are tickets for non-members such as girlfriends, second cousins and frenemies?

Abacus July 31st, 2015 10:43

On a related note, I know some people who are not on the boards but may want to attend, and one it not online (if you can believe it).

VeeDubTDI July 31st, 2015 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by babelfish42 (Post 4854552)
soooo can I pay at the door? I'm not part of any garage or anything?
also, how much are tickets for non-members such as girlfriends, second cousins and frenemies?

Paying at the door is possible, but we would prefer that you register in advance if you plan on coming. Accurate head counts really help us with our organization and preparedness.

You must purchase a TDIClub subscription in order to attend - an Enthusiast level subscription will cover you, one adult guest, and children under the age of 18. Additional adults beyond the one guest will need to purchase their own subscription to attend. Meal events and the group drive to Mt. Washington are separate.

The first post of this thread contains all of the relevant links and information for registering for the event. :)

VeeDubTDI July 31st, 2015 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abacus (Post 4854553)
On a related note, I know some people who are not on the boards but may want to attend, and one it not online (if you can believe it).

In order to attend meal events (meet & greet, breakfast, banquet), people will need to register online in advance. If they don't wish to participate in the meals, they can register at the door starting at 5pm on Friday.

Abacus July 31st, 2015 12:18

I will let them know, thanks.

NarfBLAST August 2nd, 2015 19:00

I would like to attend the cruise up Mt. Washington but I plan to drive in on Saturday and was wondering what time and where the meet is for that? I have checked the wiki but it seems to be just one page with no times listed?

VeeDubTDI August 2nd, 2015 20:11

The agenda with exact times will be posted next week. It's a sunset drive, so we will probably leave the hotel around 5:30ish on Saturday afternoon.

n1das August 3rd, 2015 09:58

n1das & Lisa registrated and lodging booked! :)

NarfBLAST August 3rd, 2015 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4856025)
The agenda with exact times will be posted next week. It's a sunset drive, so we will probably leave the hotel around 5:30ish on Saturday afternoon.

Thanks! Lodging booked and registered!

Yeahdude38 August 8th, 2015 16:01

Lodging booked and registered!

VeeDubTDI August 9th, 2015 22:26

Hey Festers, just a quick reminder that the free t-shirt with registration expires at the end of the day on Monday, August 10th. Everyone who is registered before then will receive a free TDIFest t-shirt (upsizes are charged a nominal fee), a $15 value.

Also, our guaranteed hotel room block expires at the end of the day, as well, although it will likely be extended for another week or so. Nonetheless, if you haven't made your hotel reservation yet, you should probably start looking into it! :)

Don't panic - regular registration will continue until the end of August, but our t-shirt order must be submitted this week, hence the deadline. A limited quantity of t-shirts will be available on-site if you happen to miss out on the freebie deal.

jonferns August 10th, 2015 07:34

Lodging booked and registered :)

VeeDubTDI August 13th, 2015 14:58

Well here's a fluke. We didn't actually stop shirt sales on the 10th, so anyone who registered between then and 30 minutes from now will still get a shirt with their registration.

If there are any on-the-fence people, you still have a little bit of time before I run the final report and place the shirt order! :)

refueler August 13th, 2015 20:20

TDI fest

I live in southern Maine and I was thinking of taking a ride up to Sunday river and taking a walk around and take a look around do I need to register to walk around the venders area. I've only got a couple of hours to spend there.

VeeDubTDI August 13th, 2015 20:51

If you're just checking out the parking lot for one afternoon, that's fine. That said, we certainly would appreciate you registering, as those proceeds go to fund this great site and keep it ad-free. Plus you'll get a goody bag and get to participate in the raffle, silent auction, and attend tech sessions if you register. :)

jfwestgen August 17th, 2015 15:20

Would love to attend as it would be my first one and I live in the area

but my Jetta TDI has been out of commission for a couple months now... Will I be ostracized for driving my gas guzzling Tundra??? :( I know, probably not... just wish my Jetta was in a drive-able condition... Would make my first TDIfest that much more special!

Abacus August 17th, 2015 20:17

Definitely not, but putting it in the show area probably won't win you any awards.

NarfBLAST September 8th, 2015 10:05

I see the "TDFEST 2015" Link at the top of the web page is still live and brings you here...

I was wondering if anyone had that group photo on top of Mount Washington or where or if I should post my best photos, (other than my Facebook page "Santos Speed Shop" link below).

MonsterDog September 8th, 2015 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarfBLAST (Post 4882255)
I see the "TDFEST 2015" Link at the top of the web page is still live and brings you here...

I was wondering if anyone had that group photo on top of Mount Washington or where or if I should post my best photos, (other than my Facebook page "Santos Speed Shop" link below).

In the MEETS/2015 TDIFest section, there is a thread for pictures. You can post yours there. And the group one from Mt Washington is already there.

vwUMO September 8th, 2015 12:13

Is it too late to register ?? :D

NarfBLAST September 8th, 2015 19:56

Ahhh, Thanks MonsterDog, found the Picture thread!

VeeDubTDI September 9th, 2015 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwUMO (Post 4882373)
Is it too late to register ?? :D

No! Just sit tight for another 8 months and you'll be able to register for 2016! :cool: ;)

romad September 9th, 2015 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4883218)
No! Just sit tight for another 8 months and you'll be able to register for 2016! :cool: ;)

So what you're saying is that it is really too EARLY to register! :D

VeeDubTDI September 9th, 2015 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by romad (Post 4883238)
So what you're saying is that it is really too EARLY to register! :D

Precisely! And in that note, we will see you next year, right? :D

romad September 9th, 2015 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI (Post 4883354)
Precisely! And in that note, we will see you next year, right? :D

It will depend on circumstances. Since my Mom passed away back in March, my sister and I have been working on clearing out her house so it can be put up for sale. Thus, I have not been able to go anywhere other than a day trip to the Bay Area GTG. In August is the annual Flyin' Miata Open House that I'd like to attend with the Miata; if the 2016 Fest is out West somewhere then I might be able to make it. Otherwise driving from California to Colorado and back then driving from California to somewhere on the East Coast and back again a couple of weeks later might be too much.

Hmmm, if the Fest is in Arizona say the Flagstaff/Sedona/Prescott region, I could tie it in with a house hunting trip to Prescott as our next big thing is to downsize, sell our property here in California, and move to Prescott.

VeeDubTDI September 9th, 2015 16:27

Be like bhtooefr and drive your Miata to TDIFest! ;)

romad September 9th, 2015 17:55

At 27 mpg? :D

john.jackson9213 September 9th, 2015 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by romad (Post 4883470)
At 27 mpg? :D

At least Flagstaff/Sedona would not be far when compared to 3400 miles to Maine this year for me!

You could do that at 15 mpg! Right??

And those East Coasters could all stop at Vegas and DOUBLE their money - some of them could go home with more money in their pockets than when they started, right?

bhtooefr September 10th, 2015 04:57

Keep it under 4000 RPM, and that 27 becomes more like 34+, on a 1.6 liter Miata. ;)

(4000 is when it goes into open loop, and the fuel economy proceeds to go to total crap.)

romad September 10th, 2015 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhtooefr (Post 4883682)
Keep it under 4000 RPM, and that 27 becomes more like 34+, on a 1.6 liter Miata. ;)

(4000 is when it goes into open loop, and the fuel economy proceeds to go to total crap.)

Actually when I bought it in July '89 I would get an average of 30 mpg, but when the CARB mandate for RFG came in, we were told it would cause about a 10% hit to mileage. Sure enough I started getting 27/28 mpg. I usually try to keep it between 3000 and 4000 just for the reason you state. Actually it has not been my daily driver since for the last 7 years so I only fill it about every 9 - 11 weeks and it is mainly used locally so my current average is around 25 MPG. Oh, I did get 34.8 MPG tank on a trip back in 2002 for the Northern Exposure event by Ottawa, Canada.

VeeDubTDI October 4th, 2015 13:52

If you attended TDIFest, please check your email (and spam folder) for a post-event survey from Fred. It's important that we get your feedback on this year's event so that we can better serve you in future years. Please tell us what you liked, what you didn't like, and take the time to rate which activities are the most important to you.

Thanks! :)