TDIClub Forums

TDIClub Forums (http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php)
-   Audi A3 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Welcome Audi TDI members (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=268747)

VW Derf January 1st, 2010 09:11

Welcome Audi TDI members

Just a quick welcome to our Audi TDI members. Now that Audi TDIs have finally been in Canada and the US for a while we have added a section dedicated specifically to the Audi A3 and Q7 models. I realize that many of the engine items are the same as the VWs, but for the first time there are a couple of place to discuss the Audi platform specifics.

Enjoy.
Fred

jasonTDI January 1st, 2010 16:52

HI!!!

Enjoy the new car!

Growler January 1st, 2010 18:12

Keep an eye on those fuel filters for shiny metal shavings....

farrjohn June 4th, 2010 07:16

I am a new owner of a Audi A3 TDI. I have had it about three weeks. On a resent road trip it got 44 MPG. I did have an issue with a lag when starting from a stop or in slow corners. I took it back to Audi service and they up-graded the car's computer and now the lag is gone.

I previous owned a Jetta TDI and I am really liking the A3 TDI

kirkus November 13th, 2010 18:31

PERFECT! The tdi is almost as cool as these guys.

4ringking November 11th, 2011 17:09

TDI + Audi = AWESOME

hogger453 August 8th, 2012 13:57

Hi everyone.

Just purchased a 2013 A3 TDI. It has all the options including the Titanium package. :D

Love it.

tdisedanman September 1st, 2012 20:33

I looked at the A3 TDI today And took it for a test drive. They had three in stock and one of them was purchased while I was there. (no, not by me). After my PD engine experiences with my Passat and Jetta, I am still a bit worried about their engineering problems. The fule system problems have me a bit gunshy.

VWWV July 9th, 2013 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonTDI (Post 2817430)
HI!!!

Enjoy the new car!

My daughter has a 2012 Audi A3. I think her decision was based on my having the B4? Does that qualify me to post on this forum? Anyway, I was with her on a recent trip from NC back to Fl. and we had the unfortunate experiences of engine stalling two separate times when slowing to a stop. The engine re- started both times and we were able to continue at Interstate Speeds. The car is at the dealership currently. When she took it in yesterday morning,they did a VaGCom test and told her there NO CODES SHOWING. When it stalled, it was as if the clutch had not been depressed to disengage the transmission BUT it is a TipTronic. Any thoughts? Everything I've found talks about fuel problems but this seems to be transmission problems? Why wouldn't there have been codes thrown?

BleachedBora July 9th, 2013 07:21

Could even be as simple as a fuel filter needing replaced from a bad batch of fuel. Hopefully you'll be lucky and it'll be something that simple....

Remember codes are stored in the engine as well as the transmission. Transmission codes almost never trigger an actual check engine light, unless they are very serious (just had that happen on the Passat, though it was in the form of an "Emissions Workshop" code).

Good luck!
-BB

VWWV July 9th, 2013 11:05

Thanks. Good info. BTW, Other than the bling items. I prefer my B4 over the Audi A3 tdi. More comfort, better fuel efficiency, and loads more space. Of course, I prefer my B4 over just about every other car I've ever driven or rode in.

milos87popovic July 22nd, 2014 08:07

Hi all, a real pleasure in this forum.

kermie1155@gmail.com September 30th, 2015 08:37

A3 Hatchback TDI

hi,

I am new to this site and am wondering is anyone has had their exhaust
flap replaced . If so what kind of fuel mileage are you now getting.
This scandal is very upsetting as I really love the car.

PeteZ06 September 30th, 2015 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by kermie1155@gmail.com (Post 4905177)
hi,

I am new to this site and am wondering is anyone has had their exhaust
flap replaced . If so what kind of fuel mileage are you now getting.
This scandal is very upsetting as I really love the car.

I think you're confused... the exhaust flap has nothing to do with the recent uncovered knowledge.

kpenner December 31st, 2015 19:18

Purchased a 2015 Audi A6 TDI this fall, has the 3.0 V6. Love that 428 lb-ft of torque. I get mid 30 mpg just running around town, low 40's on the highway. Great car!