After getting my emissions fix....

Minerrick

TDI
2013 Touraeg
I want to sell my Silver 2013 Touareg Sport TDI. I have no idea of it's value. I have searched auto trader and craigslist nationwide and there are literally just a handful for sale, so it is hard to determine a fair price to ask for my car. It has 66K on it and is in immaculate condition; the only issue is the heated driver's seat turns off on its own. Any idea what a fair price for it would be on the west coast with the emissions fix onboard? Why are there so few for sale? I would think that with all the trade in's there would be a lot for sale.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Wouldn't you get much more putting the car back to VW? I have a 2012 TDI LUX with 54k miles and have an offer for about $45K.

Minerrick

TDI
2013 Touraeg
I think the 2013's are going to get screwed on this deal. Went to the Honda dealer and the best they would do for a trade in was $22,500. From $50K to $22k in 4 years.... now THAT is depreciation!!

No one knows the value of these cars, and the dealers are gun shy to bid too much for them.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
I think the 2013's are going to get screwed on this deal. Went to the Honda dealer and the best they would do for a trade in was $22,500. From $50K to $22k in 4 years.... now THAT is depreciation!!

No one knows the value of these cars, and the dealers are gun shy to bid too much for them.
It's my understanding a Dealer would be working from Clean Trade In. I don't have access to current numbers but if you look at past NADA values, say Sept 2015 just before all this started, 2011 (4 yr old) clean trade in value, before mileage and option adjustment, was:
2011 TDI Sport $23350 (vs $48k new)
2011 TDI Exec $27925 (vs $57.5k new)

Looks like $3-4k difference between then and the described current offer (assuming a TDI Sport at $50k). Those numbers would suggest most of the 4 yr depreciation is unrelated to the diesel scandal. There may be some uncertainty now but I wouldn't be surprised to see values settle back in about where they were before the settlement, if a person could afford to be patient. Good luck with your vehicle in any case.

tootall424

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Sport
I want to sell my Silver 2013 Touareg Sport TDI. I have no idea of it's value. I have searched auto trader and craigslist nationwide and there are literally just a handful for sale, so it is hard to determine a fair price to ask for my car. It has 66K on it and is in immaculate condition; the only issue is the heated driver's seat turns off on its own. Any idea what a fair price for it would be on the west coast with the emissions fix onboard? Why are there so few for sale? I would think that with all the trade in's there would be a lot for sale.
My 2012 Touareg TDI sport does the same thing! The driver seat heater turns off after about 120 seconds.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Here in Canada there are very few for sale and they sell fast at fairly high prices. There is a demand for the TDI's especially knowing they do not make them anymore. The connaisseurs dont care about the scandal. Could it be same in Cali? The demand is high so they sell fast? Try asking a high price and see what happens.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
yep here in ontario they sell in hours...for good money....i cant see giving mine up i love it far to much