Audi A4 B7 BRD couple upgrade questions

DDCS

TDI
Audi A4 B7 BRD '07
Hi! Some cool cars around here!:) I've decided to make my car a bit faster. I've read a lot of threads, but just want to be sure, so here goes:
Now I have a pipercross free flow airfilter added, and next week I'm gonna have custom exhaust (60mm) made dpf and egr are already off and removed, new injectors are fitted. My goal is to have reliable 210-230bhp. I have some concerns: 1. Is stock turbo enough for that? 2. I'm concerned about intercooler, because those stock SMICs looks ****ty and just for safety and health of the engine I'm thinking of adding fmic: 550x140x65. It seems like an easy fit below the licence plate bar. Does this help with intake temps? Because afaik it will have a direct flow of fresh air and wouldn't be trapped somewhere on the side with no way for hot air to disappear. Or maybe smic will cope just fine with the power I need? I don't see point of adding a larger fmic because it would partially be covered behind number plate bar in the grill...

DDCS

TDI
Audi A4 B7 BRD '07
If you're a bit confused with description, the circled area in photo is what I meant for ic placement, obviously behind the grill.
https://ibb.co/b5Au4F

Last edited:

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
Your stock turbo is enough for 220hp. I had run 216 and 430nm in Octavia. Only had DPF removed. You can go to 250 if you want, and best route is gtb1756 turbo.

Last edited: