2003 1.9 I t1981 Toyota

txarmoredillo

TDI
2003 jetta, 1981 rabbit 1.6
Howdy guys ! I am about to begin my toyota swap. I am having a 81 toyota professionally restored, I have a wrecked 2003 jetta tdi. I have so many questions. Can I ask them here? Did I even post this in the right area?

txarmoredillo

TDI
2003 jetta, 1981 rabbit 1.6
Looks like the right place.
I highly recommend searching first at the below address as much of this is already covered.
https://cse.google.com/cse?q=+&cx=018097697432185261444:_idbzjdyxdm

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Thanks sir. FAQ is very basic diesel engine theory, and I am familiar with diesels, as i have only owned diesels my whole life. My questions are more specific towards volkswagen systems. Like what is the thing with two wires coming off the 3rd injector?

Last edited:

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Thanks sir. FAQ is very basic diesel engine theory, and I have only owned diesels my whole life. My question are more specific. Like what is the thing with two wires coming off the 3rd injector?
This is exactly why I said search the questions there. It's a VW specific search engine.
A simple search there would tell you that injector is used as a sensor, for timing I believe.
It's really very useful and can be found in TDI 101.
On top of that you can search alh Toyota swap and get at least one of those too pop up.
It's my first go to honestly.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

evguy1

Vendor
TDI
2000 Jeep Cherokee TDI, 2008 Jeep JKU TDI
The Toyota is a VERY common platform to swap so you will find lots of info. There are also lots of Rangers swapped and the basic info is going to be the same for all the truck swaps.