Road trip from coastal NC to Fresno California

pebjr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta; 2015 Golf S
I'm driving to Fresno Ca from NC in mid December and I will be due for a oil change in California.

I looked at the trusted tdi mechanic site and didnt see someone in the area to change my oil. I usually do all my own maintenance and don't mind doing it myself if had a place to do it.

I'll be traveling west on I40 from NC to Fresno Ca. Any suggestion for oil change in the Fresno California area?

pebjr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta; 2015 Golf S
I thought about it, but then I'll be around 3k miles early for maintenance... I try to keep maintenance around 10k mark so easy for me to remember.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Find a dealer with good reviews along the way, preferably where you are going to spend the night somewhere. Take it in first thing in the morning and then have breakfast and return to get it. Little time wasted and you get it done. Albuquerque, Flagstaff and Bakersfield seem to be good choices just from looking at the map.

This one in Flagstaff, AZ seems to have very good reviews.
https://www.findlayvolkswagenflagst...edium=organic&utm_campaign=google_my_business

pebjr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta; 2015 Golf S
Well I just return from road trip from eastern NC to Fresno Ca, down into Mexico and then back home. I racked up 6579 miles during the trip on the 15 Golf. I had no issues during the trip and it was definitely fun to drive.

I did take Lightflyer1 advice and found a dealer in Fresno Ca to perform the oil change. I called the service dept in the morning and told them I was from out of town and was just looking for a oil change. They were happy to get me scheduled that morning.

Oil change was pricey at $107.98 incl tax, but I needed it changed before the return trip.

Dealer was Michael Volkswagen Center (Fresno ), overall they did a good job.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
Well I just return from road trip from eastern NC to Fresno Ca, down into Mexico and then back home. I racked up 6579 miles during the trip on the 15 Golf. I had no issues during the trip and it was definitely fun to drive.

I did take Lightflyer1 advice and found a dealer in Fresno Ca to perform the oil change. I called the service dept in the morning and told them I was from out of town and was just looking for a oil change. They were happy to get me scheduled that morning.

Oil change was pricey at $107.98 incl tax, but I needed it changed before the return trip.

Dealer was Michael Volkswagen Center (Fresno ), overall they did a good job.
At ~$10 a quart and then the filter that price was not too bad at all...
Call it $70 for materials and $38 labor - in California...