From 2010 Golf to 2015 GSW

TDI
'15 GSW DSG SE
Hey all, I've been a long time lurker of the forum and decided to join.

I recently completed the buyback for my 2010 Golf TDI; I had it for almost 5 years and had nearly 140k miles on it. VW bought it back for $15k including restitution, I couldn't pass that up with the possibility of no fix and some outstanding service (timing belt, DSG, that damn AC RCV).

Once I set my appointment I started searching for a fixed 2015; initially I was looking for another Golf but no dealer was willing to budge on their pricing, must be a much higher demand than the GSWs and Jettas. I found a CPO GSW with 23k miles 4 hours away from me, and was able to get it for $18.5k OTD (it was listed at $18.9k).

So far I love it! Only a slight difference in throttle response and acceleration, not sure if that's because of the fix or different gen engine though.

Quick pic with the wheels from the Golf:

If anyone is interested in the 17" Genevas let me know. I have a Whispbar rack from the Golf as well.

Looking forward to learning more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Congrats on picking up a fixed 2015. Looks great with the new wheels.
Any plans in the future for the new car?

TDI
'15 GSW DSG SE
Congrats on picking up a fixed 2015. Looks great with the new wheels.

Any plans in the future for the new car?

Thanks! Nothing major, definitely need to get these windows tinted for Texas summers (and fall...and spring...), roof rack, and mild lowering springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk