Smog 205 Installation GTG – Sat, July 16

TDI'er

Veteran Member
TDI
01 New Beetle TDI, 93 Toyota Estima 2.2TD
I’d like to set up a GTG for the installation of the nozzles. I need a volunteer who can provide a place for the day. The installation is rather straight forward and the procedure can be found on this board. Make sure you purchase the sealing washers (and 2 to 3 ft of fuel hose if you want) before the installation.

I’m only available for couple of hours on that day and I’m thinking of meeting at around 8am. Someone with Vag-Com would definitely be helpful.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Not that I am interested, but you might find that a lot of people are heading to Waterfest this weekend, so a number of gurus will be out of town. I have too much running around to do, plus a wedding, to help out this Sat.

casey_tdi97

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta,97,red
I'd like to go and watch because I am not ready to install mine yet. Unfortuneatly this Sat. has been totally booked for me do to family obligations. TDI'er, I got your PM and I will be calling.
Thanks,
Casey.

KW_VW

TDI
2001 silver jetta
Summer weekends can be tricky I guess, I will be up north this weekend thus unavailable too. TDI'er, you still have mine & I still owe you the cash...I can pick them up however and do the install later at your convenience unless you wanna schedule a different time for a GTG to do the installs once we have a destination...but the sooner the better
PM me if so.

Steve

TDI'er

Veteran Member
TDI
I’m really busy on weekends this summer also. The reason I tried to set up this GTG is to distribute the nozzles since I thought most people would like to get their hands on the nozzles sooner than later. I don’t know when I can commit to spend a full day in a GTG.

For myself, I still have 2 TB’s, 1 set of nozzles, 1 door switch problem and an oil leak waiting for me to find some time for.

If most people are not available for June 16th, please vote for a day that works for you and we can go from there. Otherwise you can contact me to arrange for pick up.

So far, 2 sets had been picked up.

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
I am, and my driveway/garage is available this day. Sorry for the late reply, but like all of us, the summer is busy.

My day is busy unitl 11 am, and then open until 5 or so....if this works great. TDI'er, that being said I live near Guelph, which is not next door.....

Perhaps too little too late, if this suits anyone, let us know.

The upside is, if you have kids, and someone to watch them, the pool water is great. I live in the country a bit, and have a big back yard.

Craig B

TDI'er

Veteran Member
TDI
Thank for the offer Craig. If anyone is up for that, I will work around my schedule to make it.

TDI'er

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry. I'll have to take that back. For sure I won't be able to make it this Saturday... but if someone is still up for it and can make a detour to Hamilton to pick up the nozzles for distribution before the GTG then I'll bring the nozzles with me to Hamilton. I'll be in Hamilton for most of the day.

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Check the timing belt thread out...looks like Aug 6th...

Not sure how much room sooner has, but if there is room we can move it to the GTG thread.

I have done a few sets now....its a nice little job.

Craig