Adaptations not saving permanently.

OldVolks

TDI
1997,Jetta TDI, Stealth Black / 1996 Passat TDI, White to offset all that Blackness.
I am having a problem getting the Adaptations for the EGR and Fuel Quantity recalibrations to stick. I have some difficulty entering the numbers, but eventually get them changed and saved. When I go back in they look fine until I shut off the engine and restart it, then everything is back to the original settings /images/graemlins/mad.gif! I don't know if my VAG-COM setup is not working properly or what. Anybody else have any problems like this? I am going to try running it on a faster Laptop when I get a chance, just in case it is too slow or something. The one I am using is only a P233 W/32M and Win98, but nothing else on it but VAG-COM v303-1. This is the final tweaks I need after cleaning my intake (Boy was it plugged) and adding the PP520 nozzles. It has gone from a slug to a rocket just from these two things. I should have tried the clean intake before installing the nozzles, but I figured the old ones were getting worn out because of the excessive clatter. Sorry for the long post.....

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
you should look at downloading the more current version. I think there was a bug in the one you have where changes were never saved...don't recall the specifics.

Denis

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL 5sp, 2002, White
Did you remember to blip the throttle prior to entering your number change? The EGR times out. Had the same problem you did, don't think it's the software.

So give it a nice push on the throttle and allow to to return to idle and make your changes. I always log out and then back in to double check the change took.

Denis

OldVolks

TDI
1997,Jetta TDI, Stealth Black / 1996 Passat TDI, White to offset all that Blackness.
I did blip the throttle for the EGR recal like the FAQ said, and have tried it many times and usually after driving it so it would be good and warm. I also closed the program and went back in and it shewed being saved, until I turned off the enging and started it up again. I hope I don't have a problem with the ECU. I downloaded the new version (311) so maybe that will help. I am using the unreged version, but it is supposed to do this without any problems. I will try later today with a faster laptop and see if it makes any difference, I will try other versions of the app as well if that doesn't work either. I will let you know what the results are. Thanks for the input.

OldVolks

TDI
Guess I will have to buy it or get someone to do it for me. Thanks.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Oh, not registered? Did you mention that?

Yeah, a partially functional version of VAGCOM is a nasty tease. Send the people at RossTech some $$...you'll be glad you did. It is one of the best $$-saving, frustration-limiting devices around...meaning you won't be tortured by the local dealer...to me, that's just priceless. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
And with the registered version you can torture the dealer: bring them graphs showing how the MAF is failing and they will squirm and squirm and you will enjoy enjoy.

penclnck

Bringing graphs to the dealer showning them a failing MAF isn't going to do much... would be like showing x-ray photos of your door once the window drops down. Us dealer techs are getting to the point that we can almost smell a failing MAF from 20 yards away. /images/graemlins/grin.gif