Prizes/awards

osidak

Veteran Member
TDI
'17 BRZ Limited PP
I have contacted Jeff @ Coco Mats. He has agreed to donate a set of Coco mats for our GTG. I bought a set of these when I bought my Jetta. Every one that has seen them say they look sharp. They are custom cut for your car. The donation is value around $120. I am also working on a case of Delvac 1 10w40 oil.

If you know any vendors see if they would be willing to make a donation so that we can award some great prizes at our GTG. Let them know what we are doing, when and where and provide a link to this site. It won't hurt to ask.

Oh coco mats can be found at www.cocomats.com

Omar

valois

Banned
Thank you osidak! We need more members lobbying like this! I suggest that you use them as one of the prizes for the rally, I'll work on getting more.

valois

Banned
I have contacted PartsPlace and requested 40 catalogs to be able to distribute info packets to those that attend, I also asked them to donate a $100.00 gift certificate for a secret prize to be announced at the show. They are going to bring it up with the owner and let me know. If you have a supplier that has done you right in the past and has products we would be interested in offer to distribute the catalog, and ask for a small sponsorship. In exchange they will recieve much good advertising and this sites gratitude.

[This message has been edited by valois (edited May 19, 2000).]

osidak

Veteran Member
TDI
'17 BRZ Limited PP
Valois,
That is a good idea about the catalogs, didn't think about that....still working on a few interesting sponsors. I have contacted Skypup for the award we discussed yesterday

Omar

valois

Banned
Just an update, Osidak has been working very hard on obtaining prizes, Someone will be suprised, Skypup has generously donated $500.00 for prizes at the track, I was going to donate a $50.00 certificate, but have spent it on other items, I will be donating a major prize, to be announced..... Turbo Steve has donated a gallon of Amsoil Series 3000 oil, TDI Believer has donated a T(red)DI badge, Ted has donated some Amsoil stuff. The dealership has been contacted and I am awaiting response on their list of prizes, but I believe everyone will be happy with their participation.I will post more info as it becomes availible.

Gary Miyakawa

Admin Emeritus
TDI
1998 NB TDI
FYI,

Brian at Eurotech Atlanta is going to give us a couple of Gift Certificates... Not sure the amounts yet but I'll be bringing them with me...

Gary

valois

Banned
Recycled Jack from Parts Place for VW's has sent catalogs I requested for everyone that attends, if you have ever dealt with them you know that they know what they are doing with VW's. They are stocking alot of TDI parts now. He also sent along some locking pins for injection pumps to be given away as prizes, Handy little tool for timing belt changes. Thank you Jack.

valois

Banned
I am donating an Upsolute upgrade to some lucky attendee that Fred decides to favor! There are some prizes we have not published, it's a secret. SO far I believe we have around $2000.00 in prizes and that is not counting the dealership show prizes. This thing is going to rock!

valois

Banned
ALex from upsolute has sent me an email stating that he will split the cost with me on this prize. Thank you Alex!

garrettp

Former Chip-Monk
TDI
2000 JEDI
i am having some custom floor matts made for my car and might get a certificate for custom matts to give away. doe sthis sound ok (probably worth $250-$300 if all 4 are done).
my friend does em' outta carpet and will cut in any design in any color.
do the 3 VW's all have the same matt design?
guess i just better make it a certificate then they can choose the color and design.

garrett P.

valois

Banned
So far here are a list of the awards:
Car Show
Three catagories, three prizes per catagory
Catagory 1 New Beetle
Catagory 2 A4's (99.5 to present Jetta's and Gulfs)
Catagory 3 A3's and B4's

Best Milage,
Farthest Traveled
Most Inovative Modifications
Rally-winner

Drag race
1st, 2nd, 3rd place Modified Catagory
1st, 2nd, 3rd place Stock Catagory

Several top secret prizes.........