HPDE at Watkins Glen May 08

sharptdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Hey guys, wanted to invite you all out to Watkins Glen on May 7-8. This is a high performance driver education event with Car Guys Inc. I have run several events with them before and it is alot of fun.

You get 2 hours of track time each day (4 30min sessions), for a total of 4 hours of track time:D

This will be my first time at this track, and I would love to see some TDIs out there. I don't know if I will be running my TDI at this event or my other toy, but either way it would be really cool to meet some of you guys. If you come I will definitely come find you and check your car out! I might even buy you lunch:)

This event isn't very cheap, but its really hard to schedule a HPDE at Watkins Glen these days. Cost is $475 for the two day event. This includes all track fees, registration, inspection, and your instructor for the event. All you need to bring is an approved helmet and your car in good working condition! No roll cage or harnesses are required as this is not a race event.

More information and registration forms can be found here
www.carguysinc.com

So cmon guys I know the guys who run this group and they all give me crap for running a diesel on the track I need some support!:p

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
after looking at your parts destroyed list at VIR i may not want to run my TDI there... BUT I may try and make it with another toy! VIR is a great track and Watkins Glen is really cool also

sharptdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Cool! Yeah I have pretty much retired the Jetta from the track. I ended up with a new toy (which breaks even more often...go figure)

Would be great to see some of you there, hit me up if you plan on signing up and I will see if I can get you a discount!

VIR is my favorite track, so I will definitely be there!