software calibration update

JohnDorst

TDI
2012 Golf
I took my TDI in to fill the AdBlue tank (we trailer a lot and it devours AdBlue, but I guess that's because our trailer MPG is less than 1/2 the EPA rating, but I digress) and the service advisor told me there is a new service campaign that was released on 1/7/20. The description is:

DESCRIPTION
Volkswagen is releasing a software calibration update to the Approved Emissions Modification (AEM).
REMEDY
Update the engine control module (ECM) software calibration.

Does anyone have more info on what specifically this will do and why? If you've had it done, can you report on the effects.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Subscribing. I have a similar issue. Haven't received my notification yet, though.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
I have received my notification ,which appears to be something you can do if you are having issues with driveability or other innocuous problems. It is an optional notice,and as of a few weeks ago my dealer hadn't heard about it. I have no issues and will not be going in and chancing messing with something that runs great. My TREG is a 2016 TDI 10k miles.

AU_Bug

TDI
2014 Q7 TDI, 2011 A3 TDI
I had this update done to my 2014 Q7 and it actually helped restore some of the lost fuel economy and also gave back some power.

If you haven't had it done, I would recommend getting an appointment.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
I have received my notification ,which appears to be something you can do if you are having issues with drivability or other innocuous problems. It is an optional notice, and as of a few weeks ago my dealer hadn't heard about it. I have no issues and will not be going in and chancing messing with something that runs great. My TREG is a 2016 TDI 10k miles.
Thanks. Mine is also a 2016 with just over 10k miles. I've been locked out of start once already due to it not recognizing that I added DEF. I'll check with the dealer to see what they offer.