2013 Buyback and extra parts for sale

TDI06GUY

TDI
2013 TDI Passat
Hello everyone:
I just completed my buyback on my 2013 Passat which had 170k miles on it. Mechanically was a great experience. Had issue after issue with electronic parts from the ad blue heating problem to navigation failure as well as Sirius receiver failure. Also climate control panel failed. I loved driving the car (obviously) despite the electronic failures. I got a very fair price overall and put a few thousand with it and bought a low mileage Accord EX-L.

I wanted to personally thank this forum and all of the members for all of your help whenever I posted an issue. Also, the diy articles were invaluable and saved me a lot of headache by performing most of my service work whenever possible.

I was a bit of a maintenance freak and had a lot of extra parts stockpiled. For anyone keeping their car and wanting some or all of my extra parts, I posted a list on the for sale forum.

Thanks again for all your help!

JAYFARMLAW

TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI
Was the actual buyback price close to what the offer was? My buyback date is March 15 and I will have 110,000k on it at the time. I have been very honest with the mileage through the process and the offer was just shy of $20k. When you turned yours in, did they dock you for additional miles?

Thanks in advance, just trying to prepare myself for the turn in.

Jay

TDI06GUY

TDI
2013 TDI Passat
I wasn't docked for extra mileage but was not over by very much. My mileage did change a lot from the initial time I filed compared to the last time they wanted a mileage update. I filed early on in the process and had a long delay initially. The actual buyback time at the dealer is the easiest part of the whole deal.