PD130 VNT17/22 Overboost

robotelu97

TDI
A3 PD130 VNT17/22
Hello , I just got an 17/22 for my ASZ. The car is mapped for the stock asz turbo VNT1749VA. After Replacing the turbo and changing the oil/filters I am seeing turbo lag and overboosting. I am posting a log.The car has straight exhaust till muffler.Here is the log done in 3rd gear: https://imgur.com/a/xaCXOIv

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Is it a used or new turbo? Good chance if used the veins are gummed up. The actuator could be out of adjument also.

Last edited:

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
It takes a lot more fuel to spool a 17/22 than a regular vnt-17 so your tune needs to be adjusted for it, and once the turbo does spool up there is too much boost.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
The turbo is brand new. I am thinking of a bad N75 valve or maybe boost leaks ?
Pull vacuum on the actuator and make sure it is adjusted correctly. It is possible the actuator is out of adjustment even being new. Kinda doubt the n75 myself but it is possible. Like Nevada stated above...proper tune could be the problem.

robotelu97

TDI
A3 PD130 VNT17/22
It did not however when it started making strange noise it did.It is hard to adjust the actuator ? Is there a tutorial ? I am newbish in this kind of area.Also , it's the 55mm straight exhaust enough for the 17/22 ? Some people told me i need 63mm.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Well it may be wise to just pull it off and check it then if it is out you can adjust it way easier on a bench. Usually how I’ve done it.