Vibration after mount change

DieselDuberrr

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta
guys,

had some issues with vibration on gear changes and when lifting off the throttle. I changed the dogbone, trans mount. When I was doing the drivers side, I noticed the engine had dropped. So investigation revealed that the rear mount ear had broken off. I repaired this with the dieselgeek mount fix.

Anyway now I have a different kind of vibration. When I accelerate I get vibration through the steering wheel and pedals etc.

I am hoping that I failed to align the mounts correctly. Is this something that could cause that? Before i changed the mounts there was no vibration when accelerating. It only happens when i get above 2700 ish RPM.

My other thought was drive shaft, or CV etc... but then i was thinking why would that start now all of a sudden.

This is the last thing enabling me to actually get this on the road.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Take it in to get the wheel balance and alignment checked. Better to be sure than run in circles chasing ghosts.

Stiffer mounts can transmit more vibration as well.

HamtramckDiesel

TDI
2002 VW GOLF, 5SPD, Black
It could also take sometime for the mounts to "break-in". Also, it sounds like you you just could have bad tires, rotors, or other suspension issues. Like eddie said. Take it in for an alignment.